Buckethead's day of Fishing.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, May 22, 2009.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    He was not skunked!

Attached Files:

2. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Thats funny. Been there!

3. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    is that one of them ummmm catgar fishes :smile2:

4. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    i'd rather catch gar than be skunked---and they're good eatin' too

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    A sizzor bill gar and if that was a cottenmouth, a gooden. Still beats settin at the house.:wink:

6. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hello,

I am the type of person that I dont care what I am catching as long as my rod is bent ((LOL))) if the Cats wont bite I will start fishing for Gar, if you have'nt ever caught a 4ft, Gar on a rod and reel then you need to try it, they will tear up a good rod & reel (((LMAO)) and they are not that easy to catch, as people think.
    and yes, that is a Cotton Mouth, that place is full of them, we went over two weeks ago when the Black River was flooed and the high water had the snakes out every where, we always see 4 or 5, that one was about 31/2 ft long,by the time I got the camera out he was half way across the river,

cliff

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    cliff i'm the same way. if i go fishing it's for a biggun but any kind of action keeps me happy. even on the days i'm not catching anything it gives me the chance to try different spots and different techniques. trying to figure out those dang blues

8. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey Bill !!

Looks to me like you have those Blues figured out pretty darn good !!!!!!

by the one you are holding (((LMAO))) JMO !!!!!:cool2:

cliff

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Don't know where ya from cliff but i was raised in the white river bottoms and Ark. grows some quality cottonmouths. I use to fish and hunt Bayou DeView and it was always a chance of no-shoulders taggin ya or them dern red wasp hangin over the bayou.

10. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hello John,

I am from Texas ((LOL)) but dont hold that against me !!!!!!!!!!!

I moved to Reyno, last year,we have the Current River on one side and the Black River on the other side of town, I am about 35 miles south of Poplar Bluff, Mo. this place is full of Cotton Mouths, perfect habitat for them, they will come right up to the boat, you have to slap them on the head with a boat paddle to get them to move, some time they still keep comming,they sure can cause some excitement when they fall in the boat ((LOL))):cool2:

cliff

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I got friends in texas and even New york and Jersey. where a man's from don't mean near as much as where his harts at. I'm straight across from ya in western part of south Mo. Nice to meet ya partner and welcome to the best Country site on the internet.