Bucket Fillet Board

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mrc, May 9, 2006.

1. mrc

mrc New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a fillet board that you can place on top of a 5 gallon bucket to clean fish. I've found one at Catfish Connection and one at BassPro but I was wondering if anyone else knew of any others. Post a link if you know of any others please.

2. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I've got the one from BasPro and it's a good one. Nice heavy construction and fits the bucket great. I consider it well worth the money.

3. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    you can make your own just as easily... go to a construction yard and ask for 1 things... a scrap piece of plywood (1/2 inch thick is just fine but 3/4", 1" and thicker will work in a pinch) thats over around about 1 ftx1.5 ft...

Cut the board ( i want to say about 10 x16, but about the radius, 1/2 the diameter, of the bucket plus 2 or 3 inches and then the other dimension is the diameter of the bucket plus 4 inches, 2 on each side )

Place the board over the edge of the bucket... so that its at about 1/2 way on the bucket (long side all the way over and even or so overlap and the short side edge in about the middle of the bucket with overlap on the outer edge)

Reach inside the bucket and with a sharpie mark the inside edge of the bucket on the plywood.

Do the same on the outside edge (with out moving the bucket...)

Flip the plywood over so you can see the marks and drive a screw or nail (which ever you choose) just on the inside of the inside line of the bucket and just on the out side of the bucket's outside line.

Repeat this along 4 other spots on the same lines... if you want you can use a rubber or plastic dip on nails and screws to keep them from hurting if you have to stick you hand in the bucket

This will allow the piece of plywood to sit on top of the bucket w/o moving/falling/etc... as well as allowing access to the bucket to dump junk or have the live bait in... It is also removeable since its not nailed or screwed on...

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I have one too and it works well.

BE CAREFUL if you are in a boat! They are very light and mine has blown out a couple of times.