Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Buck 110 knife

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dougg 
#1 ·
Rummaging through my hunting things getting everything ready for season, and I ran across my buck 110 folding hunter knife..This knife has seen the inside of so many deer, turkey, rabbits, and squirrels that I couldn't try to recall them all! Dad gave it to for Christmas back in 1980 after my first deer hunt. So that's 34 years I've been toting this knife in the woods and still its as rock solid and as sharp as day one, and that's with just proper sharpening and a dab of oil after seasons. Funny, almost all of my gear gets swapped out every so often for something new/better but this knife just seems to perfect to replace and it has a ton of sentimental value so its not going anywhere! Now I see they have the 50th anniversary edition with macassar ebony dymondwood handles and a 50th anniversary logo..Just ordered one and hoping they are still the same quality as the one I have depended on....I have a new grandson on the way, so I'm putting this 50th anniversary knife up and maybe when he's old enough to take hunting, I'll give it to him..What gear do Y'all have that will never be left at home or replaced?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That same folder, also given to me by my pops. And the pre-64 model 94 also from pops.
I bought the old man a fixed blade Buck several years ago because the old Buck he had since he started hunting was worn down to a toothpick. Figured it wad due to snap anytime. Hes still totin that ol knife.....
Combination of the blade steel, edge retention, and build quality just make Buck knives hard to beat...The only knives I own that arent hand-made are Buck...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.