Bubble in the River

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by river1214rat, Oct 16, 2007.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Suddenly I am becoming intrigued by the bubbles! Sitting in the boat Monday AM, saw big bubbles, put my bait 6 inches next to the bubbles. Within minutes, the fight was on.After 5 minutes, line went limp and my leader was broken. Fish or turtle??? Later that morning, noticed bubbles moving around, like a little scuba diver was swimming around the boat..lol..
    What do the bubbles mean??? I am having more fun with the bubbles than the fish finder. :001:

Linda

BE SAFE

2. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    LINDA I SAW THE SAME THING SUNDAY OBOUT 4 MILES DOWN FROM SALT RIVER . THE WATER WAS SLICK , SO I SEEN SVERAL BUBBLES ALL WERE MOVING UP STEAM . I JUST WONDER IF ITS CATS OR NOT . I KNOW THAT CATFISH MUST DECOMPESS IF THEY HAVE BEEN DEEP OR THE GO BELLY UP MAYBE IT IS CATS IT WAS KIND OF COOL TO SEE I KNOW IT WAS FISH OF SOME KIND BECAUSE BUBBLES DONT MOVE IF THERES NO CURRENT

3. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    ive seen carp and big soft shell turtles do that ... not to say it wasnt cats .... did it feel like a fish that u had on.

4. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    It definately felt like a good size fish, heck of a fight for about 5 min. Felt big...too bad leader snapped. Was out of big leaders and mine was probably 10 lb...you bet I will get more before I go out Friday.

5. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    By the way, where I saw the bubbles moving was probably close to where Steve was...we were down by where the dam used to be, on the KY side looking for any holes on that side.

6. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Might have been me scuba diving....:smile2:

7. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I knew it was a scuba diver :big_smile:

8. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    dude while your down there locate us some big ones

9. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I can locate striper bass here on rough river lake by watching the bubbles if they are in deep waters. I dont know if the bubbles you were seeing were stripes or not but turtles will do the same for they burrow and and dig/scratch up the bottom.I could be compleatly off key but that is what I relate bubbles to and thats what it is on the lake , stripes. Now I dont put my boat in the river much and have never fished with lures for them on the river but that would be my guess.

10. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    THE BUBBLES I SAW , I DONT THINK WERE TURTLES THERE WERE AS MANY AS 20 OR SO BUBBLE LINES THEY WERE EVERYWHERE MAY HAVE BEEN STRIPERS I DEFINANTLY KNOW THEY WERE SOME KIND OF FISH .

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Hmmm been thinking on this for a while...I've been catfishing and stripper fishing for some time now but i never seen the BUBBLE'S your talking about ? I thought it maybe carp since they do feed on the top some time but i never seen them leave a bubble trail before ?The one thing that does come to mind is a muskrat there are a lot of them out here in the canal's and i know for a fact when they dive down and there down for a while they always leave a bubble trail behind them ?