bubbacat

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by shane12970, Feb 18, 2008.

1. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
    bubba can you tell me how to check the 2 solonoids for the tilt and trim.. what should i be getting.it an 80 hp mariner.. thanks shane

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    There should be two solenoids. The top one controls the dowm movement and the bottom one controls the up movement. If the unit is not working at all always search for the fuses that are inline with the power source to both solenoids. They may be more the two so search good.
    Connect a 12 volt battery across the two small terminals. The ohm meter should read 0-ohms indicating continuity and an audible click should be heard. The click will verify the plunger is mak9ng contact with the inside terminal to close the circuit

If the ohm meter shows a resistance in the solenoid and you don't hear the click the solenoid is bad
    If both solenoids check ok the check all conections and the charge on the battery.

3. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
    well i shoulda went into more detail.. when i hit the down or up button it just clicks. but if i jump it out at the solonoids with a screw driver the motor will go up or down.. sounds like solonoid to me was just wanting to make sure before i went out and bought 2. thanks shane