BSA scopes

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by kevinw, Nov 2, 2006.

1. kevinw

kevinw New Member

State:
    Burkburnett Texas
    Are these (BSA) scopes worthy of using for varment hunting? I was looking at their Platinum Target scope 8-32 x 44 listed at cabela's for $179.99. Im going to be putting this on a 22-250. What do you think? I cant afford Leupold scopes.

2. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    There is another post on here someplace about BSA scopes. I have one on a 7mm and not had any trouble.

3. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    i have one on my 30/06 and it does good...

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If i ever get time to start shooting my 17 hmr i might be able to answer your as well as mi own question about them the sweet 17 i bought is supposed to be calibrated out to 300 yards for the 17 hmr so one of these days i might get all my honeydoos done and then ....................

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've got the sweet 17 on my hmr, but the calibration doesn't seem to be accurate. I've only checked it once, at 300 yds. I am zeroed at 125 yds, and out to that distance, a head shot is pretty easy with a good rest. Let me know how your is calibrated when you get a chance to test it.

6. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    you can buy a low end leupold or burris for 200 bucks.

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    One of the guys I work with has a BSA scope on his elk rifle. He's had it on there for years and he said it's never changed zero. It's surprisingly clear, like a bushnell trophy or the low end nikon. I'm wanting to try one on one of my rifles to see if it's as good as he says.

As far as the power of the scope, can you really use 32power in texas? Mirage usually kills most visibility in warm climates at around 12 to 16power. I mounted a 8 to 32 power scope as a spotting scope on the range, and never could use it past 20 once it got over 70 degrees.

8. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    If you're going with Cabelas, check out the Pine Ridge units. Seen several good write ups on em.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My point is ....I aint got 200.00 to shell out on a scope. and cant see why anyone would spend as much on a scope as a rifle or even more ,Guess im just a po' boy with poor ways.

10. CatfishJohn.612

CatfishJohn.612 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've got one on my 7mm rem mag. I have'nt had any trouble with it. I also like the pine ridge line of scopes.