B's the bait the Sting & Sonnys Blood Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Bacardipr05, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Been in a big city market I never had too much exp. using smaller companys baits. Usually all I can find around here is Berkley, Magic Bait & at the local shops usually have a couple of Uncle Josh stuff laying around. I have used power bait a few years back w no success and since have been using other baits thru trial and error.(btw had my best year fishing) After hearing all the rage w sonnys and B's on here and elsewhere i couldnt pass up the chance to get some. I ordered both thru catfish connection along w some looper rigs, sponge hook etc. B's claims that "it stays on the hook" but after seeing its kind on the squishy side. Well to get the point I would like some input from Boc Members on both of these baits. It would be greatly appreciated.

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Have had good success with sonnys-mainly smaller size(up to 5#)

not sure what you means by B, B.J.?

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Thanks cook any advice is greatly appreciated as i have little exp with these type of bait. B's the bait that stings is a cheese (i think) based bait our own catfish connection has on sale i have heard good things about it so i decided to get both of them what kind of hook do use with your sonnys.

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Ive caught some channels on Sonny's blood bait this year, but have done better on Danny's punch bait when I have tried them.

5. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    i also thought about ordering some of the Dannys punch bait but decided to go with these two. Havent got a chance to try them yet. Im curious too see how they work since Sonnys is so much talked about on this site. Thanks for the input wolfman greatly apreciated. Hope I didnt waste my hard earned cash.

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Sorry,not trying to be a smartazz,but WHAT?? :eek:

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    No problema. Thatsis then name of the bait its B's Bait there slogan is the bait that stings they use a Bee as there mascot . Its some type of cheese based product can be found on Catfish connection.

8. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    where can you find sonny dip bait? My buddy is from iowa and swears by the stuff we have been looking here in california for it but nothing

9. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    hey cliffey cant find it around these parts i had to order mines.. used it today seems messy and a pain in the you know what to use(btw didnt catch anything) people on this board swear by this too so i had to try it

10. magicman22

magicman22 New Member

I use Sonny's also and can usually get it around here (Iowa) at local bait shop, wal-mart, or most sporting goods stores

11. artl666

artl666 New Member

State:
    nebraska
    hey i live in nebraska and fish only in the river and a canal and every single fish i have caught has been on sonnys original or sonnys blood bait. i have caught many fish around seven pound and a few that were way bigger but never landed them do to faulty ties in my line. in my oppinion it is the best dip bait i have ever used. hope this helps. and good luck :D

12. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    thanks art i will be given it another try so far the first time i tried it no luck will be given it a few more tries though thanks for the input.. the only problem i see yet its kind of a bit messy to deal with

13. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    i live in california and my buddys from iowa, but he is here cali so we have been looking for it, i cant find it online either.

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hey Cliffey, You can find it on The CatfishConnection website. I have Danny Kings Punch bait. I will bring it on the day Of the Gathering.

Jaime