Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
2601 - 2620 of 2620 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wow Sam I wouldn't have gotten any fishing done with the watermelon in the cooler. Glad Chris got those tomatoes in for you. Now as long as he keeps the weeds and tomatoe worms under control. Chris good luck at the next tourney.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Couldn't tell exactly where all the bad weather was headed this weekend but I am hoping it misses you Sam and then misses our fishacholic friend in Alabama. Keep dry and try to stay cool. 😎

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,604 ·
Be cool Bo, we are to get some of the edge of the Hurricane rain on Sunday and Monday. Speaking of you, I almost included you on my 12 texts I sent to Sam, Johnny and Jr of the 12 blues I caught Wednesday dragging on lake W.
There's always next time, which might be tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,606 ·
yeah, that was a dozen eaters on boards that day. Tournament day is this Saturday and practice starts Tuesday or whenever the storms let up.
Supposed to get rain/storms tomorrow night into Tuesday so we'll see.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,607 ·
Well Sam, have you started the count down yet for the November Blue/Tournament Extravaganza?
Come on man, we need an update on how many days

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,411 Posts
I don't know it depends on if I use my toes to count🤨 but I have moved my calendar to the fall position.... And counting vacation days holidays weekends and scheduled doctor appointments..... I'm going to work on this a little bit at a time.... But I am looking forward to coming down knock on wood and fish a 2 day tournament... And do a little pilfring 🤕🤕🤕

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,609 ·
Well folks, he is counting. We talked on the phone yesterday while I was getting hammered in a rogue Johnny sized Thunderstorm on Wheeler.o_O Never saw that one coming.
Ever since Garrett retired, the weather is out of control.(n)
But back to Sam and more importantly ME.
The big man had his calendar out yesterday, pen in hand, calculator out, slide rule handy, abacus near by,......and we might have it all pinpointed for the November Extravaganza. But Sam will do some tweaking of the arrival:) and departure:( dates as it all gets near.
Meantime, tonight is a 6pm-2am tournament with Heart of Dixie on Wheeler out of Ditto. Never fished that area but scanned for about 5 hours yesterday and marked some nice looking spots. We'll see how it all plays out. Got jacks and rods are ready for action.
B2 out

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,613 ·
You going to hook a chain to it and zip tie it or just tie to the loop?
Count down to the November Fish Fest will begin when we hit October.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,411 Posts
Man grabbed billy and started fishing about 6:30 this morning..... It was really nice starting out cloudy about 70.... Water temp still 85...... No current no generation... Wind East about 10 to 15....
Water Cloud Sky Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Tree
tried out my new t-bars in the back that I custom made.... Well I like them they're strong.... Deadly combination with them half inch duo drift Masters.... Nothing big today....
Glasses Water Sky Vertebrate Cricket cap
billy struck 1st...
Water Fish Wood Lake Liquid
and second....
Water Cloud Sky Vertebrate Gesture
and I had to retaliate 🤣🤣🤣
Cloud Sky Hat Sunglasses Blue
it was a good day on the water

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,616 ·
Glad somebody got out and fished. I am still winding up my 12 days off of fishing but don't fret, I'll be back out this Thursday. John Stephens is heading my way with his new ProCat 20 and we'll hope to put the first fish in it.
Bait trip on Friday for Saturdays annual Patriot Catfishing tournament. Over 20 Wounded Veterans from all over the US will be here. T and I will have the honor to have a soldier in our boat for the day. I am still coin flipping over dragging Wilson or anchoring down in the current on Wheeler. Our latest 5 days straight of rain is finally about done and the cool front arrives tomorrow, so nice temps and current will be waiting on Lake W.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,618 ·
Man Down!!!! The Big Man has covid. And I can tell you this, the old saying "the bigger they are, the harder they fall" is true. It is a bad virus. It has knocked him on his @$$.
And Sam is probably the one who has protected himself better than anyone I know.......masks, sanitizer, distancing, not taking chances........but this crap found its' way to him. Please keep Sam in your prayers as he battles his way through this.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,411 Posts
Well it was 6 days in Bama Ramma with Christopher , Doc and Johnny for an extended fishing extravaganza.....It was hard and heavy for several days.... I started out day 1 with Johnny and borrowed Ccats graph ( since his is same as mine ) total scan 12 II series....... We fished a "few" weigh points marked👍 and i bagged a 30lb blue to strike 1st...We were going to the upper end of lake "W" to fish the rest of the week so me and Johnny went to Piracy and photgraphed a " few" weigh points for the next day :cool:👀 shiver me timbers...... Captain ahab would have been proud..... Chris smelled a rat as we somehow " ended up in his weigh points" ??? Then my 8ft Meathunter extreme buried with a cerimonial jack fillet about 12 inches long ran up a 12/0 King kahle..... instantly peeling drag on my ABU 7000c3 80lb braid 80lb ande leader line....It was on.....it looked like an episode of wicked Tuna...except i didnt hand off to Johnny...he was ready to net ....Finally i got got to the boat after several minutes of Battle........then the massive Blue appeared........and it was bad azz to the bone...My new personal best 75 lbs......
Water Lake Fisherman Sky Fish

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,620 ·
Yeah, and it was obviously one for the books. It is always good seeing my best friends but this trip was the best.
We started early and often.
Sam and Johnny got on the water Tuesday and fished lake W while I caught bait for us and the next few days. I think 30 was the big fish that day but yes folks, they were using my Lowrance.:oops:
I should have put a lock on the screen to shut itself down if it sensed any "photographic" activity.......hmmm, did I smell a RAT? YEP!!!!
I think Johnny took more pictures of waypoints than he took pictures of big fish.......
When we got to Guntersville on Wednesday and Thursday, it was sure peculiar how the Rocket would end up on one of my waypoints.:confused:o_O:censored:
55 was the biggest on the "G" and a good time was had over there. We stayed in Scotsboro and tore up a Chinese buffet while there.
Friday was another bait day for the onslaught Saturday and Sunday on Lake W.
I took Sam and Johnny (the rookie) to the Eagle Cafe Friday morning. Sam got his usual, 6 over easy, bacon, toast and biscuits and gravy.
Johnny followed me and got the platter of biscuits/gravy and 2 hubcap pancakes. His rookie status was showing early and often. He slowed within 4 minutes.
Johnny struck first on Saturday with a 43 and then a 31, but the big man wouldn't be outdone and beat the combined by a pound with that 75. I am glad his new PB was set down here on the Tenn river.
Sunday was a lot of teens but nothing bigger.
Again, it was the best trip to date but we know more and better are yet to come.
Here's Sam finishing off the "extra" gravy from the Eagle.
Tableware Table Drinkware Food Serveware

2601 - 2620 of 2620 Posts