Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
2581 - 2600 of 2620 Posts

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,581 ·
Did someone say "Knitting?"
Here's my latest basket weave from a 25 pound blue I caught with 2 minutes left in Saturday's Heart of Dixie tournament on Wheeler. We stunk it up again on Wheeler, finishing 7th. This Saturday is Guntersville. At least we've had better luck there.
Organism Slope Water Recreation Rock-climbing equipment

·
Registered
525 Posts
That looks like something I would do with Chris in the boat. Then he would start raising cain and telling me how Alzheimer's was getting to be a real issue with me and I needed to just sign the boat title to him and sit at home and try to remember fishing. o_O

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,583 ·
Sounds like a plan Bo, because we all know that.............It's Bo Time.
Speaking of Bo time, when is Go time for you and Chris? Are you just going to show up Saturday and fish all my channel cat spots? I can give you plenty of those.
There are already SeaArk's everywhere down here. I'll start prefishing tomorrow and will sure to send you GPS coordinates by Carrier Pigeon.
Be safe on the way down. 70% rain awaits you on Saturday........but don't fret, it will probably be changed by Saturday anyway..........90%

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,411 Posts
Now Bo don't let him steer you straight about being lost you just go ahead and come by and get me you can sign that title over and I can stop this whole nonsense 🤔😎we won't worry about remembering anything there will be no need to... Now let's focus on me and my quick three and a half hour trip on Saturday cuz that's all the time I had....course I have Billy and I'm sure he was still his cuz he didn't catch any but I did catch 19 fish and three and a half hours the biggest one was 20.25 I'm telling you bo come by and get me....

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,587 ·
Just came off the water on wheeler and no grass was seen.
Doc and I fished with Charles Crook, owner of Meat Hunter. We had a great time and caught several fish. Doc missed a few good pull downs and I managed a 23 pound blue and a stinking channel cat.........dragged from 42' of water. Charles' step father had a 28 for big fish, but I had to come off the water early so they are probably out there busting 60's.
Water Sky Boat Fish Fisherman
Cloud Sky Water Vertebrate Green
Water Sky Vertebrate Fisherman Boat

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,590 ·
Well, the 2021 SeaArk is in the books. It was an eventful day at best. We finished with a stinky 33 pounds but had other things going on first to take care of.
Did get to visit with our 2 illini friends, Bo-time and Chris. It was good seeing them, as hearing them wasn't a problem.
As soon as we weighed in, we starting pulling away from the stage and Bo hollers out at T. I thought it was a heckler and was prepared to launch a few skipjack GutSacks but held back.:ROFLMAO:
Saw Jamie and Lil Mac and a lot of other friends from the past.
Of course we had the usual storms, rain and winds that caused a few problems.
The next 2 weeks will be Heart of Dixie Catfish Trail and Tennessee River Catfish Trail, both on Guntersville and both out of the same ramp. Tomorrow starts day 1 of practice , then Tuesday and Thursday. Surely by then, we'll have them figured out.
Sam fished some on Saturday but don't know the details or required repairs needed.....🤣

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,411 Posts
Well we attacked early about 6:00 in the morning Friday morning played hookie..🤔 Billy was in fine form and ready to go and of course I had my customary to foot roll of duct tape and I mean 2 ft around not 2 ft long 😂🧐we actually used live bait today and we were catching shad and hooking them on our rods live and we ran a few noodles.....
it was pretty much touch and go late afternoon.... someone sent us some rogue rain......🤔 We managed 12 on rods and 8 noodles.....

·
Registered
525 Posts
Man Sam that's a shad. I don't know much about you boys in Arkansas but we don't save and eat shad over here.:sick: I know there are some strange meals made over that way so I guess it's don't knock it till you try it kinda thing. 😳 I personally would save and cook the catfish instead, but each to his own.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,595 ·
Well well well, it's the channel cat man himself.............BO.
Bo's been laying low since his channel cat he weighed at the SeaArk. I hear next year that will result in an automatic disqualification. 🤪
Now, back to me. Yesterday we fished the first Tackle22 tournament, supporting veterans and had a great time.
Don't know how many boats there were, but I'd say close to 30. Winners had 91 pounds and we snuck in with 28.
We were honored to have John Stephens in our boat as our veteran. John caught about a dozen but we just couldn't drag up a big fish. Most teams said catching an over was the problem. Obviously the blues are nesting hard now. All 4 lakes were open so we fished Wilson. Temp ended around 74, so I am sure the spawn is in full force now. The winners, who are on the Pipeline Pro staff were just 2 miles down from us and said they were in a frenzy of 40 pounders. Sure would have been a good problem for us. We were in a frenzy of 9 pounders. Oh well, it was good fishing with John again and seeing a lot of vets bringing in fish.
Saw Robert Tallman (tallman russ) from the good old days here on the USCA. He is down here to fish Guntersville for a week. I gave him all I could about that lake so we'll see how he does.
No tournament this week, so it will be a big week in my garden. Gotta get those tomatoes planted Bo.
Next week starts 3 more tournaments in a row, Wheeler, Coosa River and then up on Nickajack.
Sam, you'll be the big winner in all of this.........Hockey starts playoffs😃 Go Oilers

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well I personally think T should have been running your boat in the Tourney. I appears to me you always do better when you let her put you on them. Glad to see everything is ok down there since all that nasty weather went through. Get those tomatoes planted so Sam can make a raid before it gets to hot down there. Have a great time in the tourneys for now it's Bo Time.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,411 Posts
Nothing like a little yard work to deter anything to do with fishing.....dang it man...grass growing... weed eating...spraying...tree cutting...can't get a break to fish.....thanks to Johnny and Regan for helping me out!!!
lt was either 8 or 9 loads....I bought the boys lunch when we were done

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,411 Posts
Finally Sunday rolled around after the family cookout on Saturday and putting out some flowers and remembering folks that died last year that's always important.... It was time to fish 🎯 meet Billy at 6:00 a.m. secret ramp x where I ran on to Tim and his wife and his son I haven't seen them in 3 years and he hired at us and talked for a while discuss the river flow it was up it was flooding it was running 140,000 cubic feet per second.... Me and Billy was headed to fish some islands and some backwater in the fields and it was on from the get-go. Water temperature was 67 on the takeoff and at the end of the day it was 68.... Few shots of what happened
I struck first..... Then Billy came to life
I held my own though... Man there was snakes swimming everywhere we had to watch out..... We caught 20 easy and was culling pretty quick...
but then again the snacks were awesome!!?

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,600 ·
Yeah, you boys had a great day, and my Saturday in the Bama Blues sucked. Fish we found in practice were GONE!!!
Oh well, tomorrow we're heading to Nickajack for 3 days and a TRCC tournament Saturday. Never fished that stretch and am looking forward to it.
Finished planting my 164 tomatoes yesterday so today is an off day to get the boat/rods ready. Raining off and on anyway..
Where's Jr? Someone said he is throwing out the first pitch at the Hogs Regional game. 🤪

2581 - 2600 of 2620 Posts