Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
2561 - 2580 of 2620 Posts

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,561 ·
Good luck boys. You should win it IF...........Johnny can get shad, doesn't bring 15 rods, 500 pounds of tackle, ....Wister:poop:,
Now, back to ME.......the big 4 day rain started in the night. After the TVA raised Wheeler 3 feet so a barge with new Turbines for the Nuke plant arrived from Germany could off load at Browns Ferry, they are now lowering the lake back to 550 in a hurry. That and the moon will really make the fishing good...........NOT!!!!!
But maybe all this 3-5" rain will keep current going for a while.
Next weekend starts 3 tournaments in a row for us, Heart of Dixie on Guntersville, TRCC on Wheeler and then Bama Blues on Wilson. Come on down Sam, we can have 3 in a boat.
You'll need a break after all the debacle from this week.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,563 ·
Bo, why don't you and Chris plan a trip next winter down here, stay here at our house and get some of those fishing needs met, while the rest of Illinois is still frozen???
We have an upstairs bedroom we built exclusively for Sam, Johnny and Regan, so I am sure you can "rent" permission from Sammy to stay in his abode.
Seriously, and it's a long way off, but keep that in mind. Bring your boat or just fish in mine. I promise I'll snow you NONE of my hot spots and will give you all my channel cat haven spots you want...:cool:

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,565 ·
Fished on one of the big 3 lakes around here and have a tournament Saturday. Sure hope some of these fish show back up then.
Several in the Teens until Doc nabbed this 75.
We think we have a pattern and will check on some different areas tomorrow and a whole different pattern as back up.
Water Sky Boat Fisherman Outdoor recreation
Sky Water Outdoor recreation Fish Fisherman
Water Sky Fisherman Outdoor recreation Fish
Water Sky Fisherman Fish Jigging

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,411 Posts
Well we attempted fishing today... Yeah I know that don't sound good..... Busted three quick right off the bat on the river on some backup water.... Nothing big but eating size.... Then it was a meltdown..... Billy had his 1500 phone in his pocket and bent over to do something to the anchor rope....it went down quick...... So we packed it up went to load the boat and of course it was a debacle yes Billy pull the trailer fender into the pole by the ramp and busted the side light....👀 So I told him I'm getting the duct tape and taping his azz to the passenger seat and we're out of here...

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,567 ·
Yeah folks, it was a BIG debacle, and Sam is only scratching the surface. He is going to have to retool, regroup, rethink, rewind,.............and who knows what else.
Now, let's return to ME. Had 3 tournaments in a row, prior to the Catmasters and have been laying low ever since.
2nd place and a 71 pound blue in the Heart of Dixie on Guntersville, 10th in the TRCC on Wheeler and we stunk it up in the Bama Blues on Wilson. Sam and Johnny have been working on new rod racks and I have been putting Tuff Coat on the bottom and decks of the combo cat. Just rolled the back deck yesterday and only have the sides left to do later. This stuff is nice and should help keep the boat cooler this summer when taking our to knot-head labs out in the boat to swim.
Might even been cooler if Sam wants to kick off his crocs. :rolleyes:
Fishing lake W tomorrow and with all the rain and storms we've had here in Alabama, the current should be smoking and the fish should feed.
The fish have been feeding up for the spawn and one big blue on Guntersville in the Catmasters spit up 3 baby coots, and one on Wilson I saw, threw up a squirrel.
B2 out

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,569 ·
That was hard to follow 😴
Well, THIS fish was hard to follow.
I did catch 3 other eaters after the Goo Festival. I did call T who was driving back from from Arkansas and told her I just set a new PB........:eek: and she about ran off I-40 as she knows my PB Blue is 104 pounds, but I quickly let her down and told her it was a drum.(n):unsure::poop: I didn't weigh it but have never caught one that big.
Oh well, it was good getting out after a week off, and the current was flying. T is on spring break so we'll fish again Thurs, Friday or Saturday. I am sure I'll get in a trip on one of those off days.
Sky Water Plant Gesture Fish

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,571 ·
You can keep those gps co-ordinates
Oh, Don't worry Bo. I have a "file" of GPS coordinates just for you and Chris and the SeaArk tourny. Sad thing is, when you follow them and fish them all, you will NOT be seeing me anywhere near them, so you will have to plug them into your graph.
Bait for these spots????...........punch bait, worms, liver, wheatie balls, shrimp..............you get it.
:)

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,411 Posts

Doing some spring changing out of my winter gear and found my Omoto 7000 big Chief I won in a contest back when unka Paul was having giveaways...it's got 40 lb Andy on it.. only reel I got with mono left...it's going in the boat🤞🤔

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,573 ·
hmmm, I smell a rat. I am sure you will tell me otherwise, but is that a Gamma??? I think I know what you'll say but I'll hold my breath and wait for the reveal.🤪
And for anyone keeping score, I fished a little bit yesterday and caught a few eater sized, didn't keep and this 24 pound blue. Saturday is the next tournament with the Heart of Dixie trail and I am just trying to figure out what the fish on Wheeler are doing now.
Water Sky Fisherman Fin Outdoor recreation

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,575 ·
......well, I can see it's red, and I know by the eye that it's an octo, but my question that you "may" be evading is........IS IT A GAMMA???:rolleyes:
And now we return to me.
Doc just got back from Ohio so we had to get back on Lake W for a few hours.
Man, we had 2 of the biggest pull-downs I have ever seen and both pulled off before we could get to the rod. They have been doing this lately. Probably all the up/down water levels making them weird.
Doc did manage a clone of mine yesterday with a nice 23.9 pound blue.
Don't know about tomorrow yet as the wind forecast is for Wind Tunnel speeds from the SSW. Not good with the TVA running 143,000cfs. But we'll see as we need to fish.

Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Fish

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,577 ·
Well, then I won't do any weed eating and will just keep fishing this week. Today was day 4 in a row.
It was mainly a scouting trip for the upcoming tournament, but now mother nature, aka Johnny has us at 80% chance of storms and big rain Saturday. We'll know tomorrow night if the tournament is still on or not.
But today's scouting trip proved a pattern we think will work Saturday. But I won't go into depth of the pattern as it is always Bo time and Bo has his ears on for the upcoming SeaArk tournament and is looking for any intel he can get.
Here's a 35 pound flathead that secured our pattern was going to work.
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Outdoor recreation

2561 - 2580 of 2620 Posts