The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

2541 - 2558 of 2558 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,543
Yeah, it was a great visit. The biggest blue was 45 pounds, but the biggest meal was.............4500 calories.:D
Man, we ate and ate and ate some more. Breakfasts topped Epic status, Lunches topped "too much" status, and suppers topped "more than was needed" status.
That's ok as that's how it usually is when we get together.
More laughs and stories than ever, and even some good fishing was had.
Today was back to work for Sam🤬 and tackle prep and shop time for me. Got another tournament Saturday to get ready for.
Hopefully Johnny and Jr can get on board and come down next time, but good ol Sam bought a yearly, so he should be back down soon.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,998 Posts
Took Regan out Saturday...he hadn't been in a while... Launch temperature was 24°...🤔 it wasn't very long before we agreed with the temperature on the truck and our phones...... The fishing was on from the very first cast... It was a slugfest.... nine fish were caught between 15 and 26 lb.... We're still hurting....
we may have had an issue or two
it was a great day with one of my best friends.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,548
But you still didn't answer the inquiry about those Orange grips???? Do I smell a rat, or do I just smell?
Today was to be a fishing day down around Decatur but I am going to rewire the boat trailer and do some other maintenance things.
Folks who read this, remember to always drain your motor at the ramp and then store it trimmed down when getting home to avoid any water freezing in it and causing some MAJOR headaches later. Winter is a great time to fish but can reek havoc on motors and boats.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,998 Posts
Well it rained yesterday it rained yesterday evening it rained last night.... Now it's raining again today a little bit harder and it's supposed to rain all night.... Tonight I will begin cooking cabbage hog gowls and Black eyed peas.....☔☔☔🥣🥣🥣

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,551
Man, you are getting a jump on the 2021 cooking.
We'll have our New Years day meal about kickoff of the Bama game at 3pm.....
Menu.......Fresh cut 1 1/2 Rib Eyes, Slab of ribs (from neighbor), blackeyed peas, boiled cabbage, turnip greens and baked potatoes.
I hope we're up by 30 at half so I am slip into a food coma after that.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,553
well, I'll see you that and raise you this...........and that is chow chow on the peas. Chow chow doubles your luck potential for the year...🍀
IMG_4788.JPG
IMG_4789.JPG

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,554
Keep eating all those black eyed peas Sam, it is working on me.............to the tune of this 65 pound blue I caught today on Lake W.
First trip of the new year. Just one fish but I'll take it. I did fish all spots I'd never fished before but have scouted them and found some other spots to keep me busy for a while.............but when will the stairs call me again?????
Come on back down Sam, maybe at the end of the month. Take a Friday off and leave Thursday. We'd have 2 full days to fish and I promise no trips to the "breakfast" cafe of doom.....
IMG_4820.JPG

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,998 Posts
Hell me and Johnny went for the first trip of the year and here's what happened
then I had to respond
with a 45....
it was cold and then it got colder.....

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,557
Well, I am "scheduled" to fish Lake W tomorrow but if it were now, I'd pass. We got hammered this morning by a HUGE 1" snow......
But it's still snowing now and supposed to get down to 25 tonight so I am sure I won't be too quick to get down the ramp at 6am, and will probably wait until about 9am. Oh yeah, I'll be up late anyway celebrating my Crimson Tide, so a little sleeping in won't hurt.
Fishing the first tournament of the year this Saturday with the Heart of Dixie Catfish Trail. Weather looks to be better by then.
Sam, get recovered from the Johnny-cat-Bash and start thinking about another trip down here........... 🤞

2541 - 2558 of 2558 Posts