The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

2521 - 2540 of 2558 Posts

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,998 Posts
ribeyes sweet potatoes and some baked beans with rib meat and smoked pulled pork..... Only countdown going on is how long it takes me to get to the recliner..... Rumor is Chris is fishing today

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,522
STB, that all looks good but why don't you bring along a big mess of those baked beans in 13 days??? Even if you leave Johnny at home or the coffee shop, bring beans....... 😁
Now, back to me, and yes, we fished today.
I had our oldest and her husband out today. We are fishing a Bama Blues Trail event tomorrow so we did some scouting.
Found fish at every spot we fished but not all bit, but they were there.
Ended with 5 or 6 mainly in the eater size but my daughter managed a 6 pound blue and set a new PB for herself with a nice 31 pounder.
It was so good to get them out on the water and be so passionate about fishing. We have fished since she was 2 and to see her compassion, and especially her smack talking to her husband is priceless.
Sure hope our plan of attack is spot on tomorrow. We are on fish, but who knows if they will bite.

IMG_4459.JPG
IMG_4464.JPG

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,998 Posts
Heard it was supposed to rain down your way tomorrow tournament man...🌂🌂🌂🥽

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Ccat, I would be extremely cautious about inviting anyone that had been eating beans to fish with me in a boat. It is hard to tie knots when your eyes are watering and there are some things that just linger. I had never ever thought that a really strong wind would be a good thing but I had never encountered this situation before. Although if you are drifting, the wind will be in a sense keeping you in the danger zone. Anyway, give this some serious thought and be sure to take a box of Beano with you. Might be the best 5 bucks you have ever spent. Use it like you would dramamine, Issue it and ensure it has been takes well before you even let your buddies in the boat. You know, a cloths pin might be a good idea also.

Just lookin out for you bud.

Reactions: ccat

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,525
Heard it was supposed to rain down your way tomorrow tournament man...🌂🌂🌂🥽

Nope, the rain you are speaking of is happening right now. We had a nice shower with some thunder but it's almost all gone now, and it's 7:30pm and I am about OUT for the night.
Tomorrow's accu-weather forecast is for partly cloudy to clearing skies and temps in the upper 50's.
I just hope to have blues in the upper 90's..........🐟
And Tom, don't fret, I am always Leary of Sam when he's in my boat. We have had some "close calls" and some "urgent" debacles in our boats, so nothing will surprise me. As for Bean-o, I will have Glad Stick-up's all around the boat...🤭

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,526
Well, we didn't win the tournament like we had hoped but had a great time and fished hard right up to 3:00pm.
The fish were there but just didn't bite for us. My son-in-law did set his personal best with a 32 pound blue today.
Got some big rain tomorrow and cold weather coming early this week so I will take a few days off and start getting things in order for Rama/Jama/Be-Bop-A-Blue-Slamma. We really worked hard on getting Jr on board so we'll see if he makes the trip.
IMG_5260.jpeg

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,528
Nice pb for the son in law.....10 days twitch.....get it together man......
It's all coming together, but you and Johnny (and I) need to keep working on Jr. to make this trip.
And why is Johnny bringing cooler(s).......??? Okra doesn't take up much room🚪

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,529
But the big question is.......will you want to fish Lake W 3 days, or Lake W 2 days and then Lake W 1 day, or switch and fish Lake W 2 days and then Lake W 1 day, or alternate and fish Lake W the first day, Lake W the 2nd day and Lake W the 3rd??? Hmmm,, that is a lot for you to ponder these next 10 days, but Ponder away my friend.....Ponder

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,530
Well, the official countdown is 6 days BUT the bigger news is Johnny won't be coming with Sam unless he and I decide we want Covid...........STB, Johnny tested postive.:eek::cry:🤬🤮
So now Sam and I are planning on how to actually fish without 360 degree planer boards and 9 other rods out....
6 days people

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,531
5 days and counting. Been off and on with the big man on the phone shoring up last minute details.......like meals and snacks.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,998 Posts
Just now coming around... Had a little nap...
trying to get all my stuff together a lot of chores to do one of my friends was on Kerr lake today he reported catching 30 no big ones..... 4 days I think... Good news though Johnny is doing better!!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,533
4 days!!!!
I'll be fishing Lake W tomorrow, probably in an area Sam and I won't be fishing but who knows. Tuesday will be getting the boat in order, stocking Charmin for Sam's personal bathroom🚹💩😷😳
The bigger question is...........MENU....
Wed night, Burgers, Sweet Potato fries
Thurs night, All-we-can-eat Ravioli at local Italian place
Friday night, Steaks, baked tater, corn casserole
Saturday night, homemade Chicken and Dumplings (mom made it for us)
Breakfasts are not mentioned here but tons of eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, fried potatoes......will be had
Did I mention 4 more days????

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,536
2 days, but with the seed I planted, the big man has it in his head to maybe........🤞........leave tomorrow afternoon.
That would be best as he could get here, sleep and then help ME catch his needed bait, sparing me a lot of the work.:cool:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,537
countdown 2 hours.
The big man is in Mississippi and close to Corinth now. Taco Soup and Apple Pie is awaiting. Johnny, covid sure picked a bad time. 🤮

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,539
Well, day 1 is on the books. We had a good day but getting older does make us move around a little slower. Finally got on the water about 9:30am but Sam was already reeling from the sausage, 2 eggs and cheese mcmuffin I gave him.o_O
Started out fishing on anchor and I busted a quick 8 pound flathead. We fished another spot but made a long move and started dragging.
2 rods out back, 2 out wide on boards, and 4 down rods. BAM, a board got destroyed. I grabbed the rod but only because I was standing by it, but quickly gave it to the big man. It about stopped the boat but Sam fought it up and down with the drag. Finally got it in the boat to the tune of a 45 pound blue.
After several more 3-9 pound blues, we embarked on the massive sandwiches I made us for lunch. We both were delirious and couldn't have passed a sobriety test after that lunch.
Tomorrow's alarm is set for 5am. Steak, baked sweet taters and fried okra has the coma set in now. Nite Nite folik
IMG_4580.JPG
IMG_4575.JPG

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,540
Day 3 is in the books. It was a nice day out but just a few fish. Sam did bust a 30 on a planer board. Lots of laughs and texts back in forth with Johnny, aka Mr. Covid, and Jr.
We are getting old and the soreness that comes with it is catching up with us.⛑
We'll watch the weather tomorrow and fish around it.
It's been an excellent visit with the big man.
Here's a 30
IMG_4621.JPG
IMG_4622.JPG

2521 - 2540 of 2558 Posts