The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

2501 - 2520 of 2529 Posts

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,863 Posts
Back in action😎 took the trailer wheels of the rocket and greased those inner bearings...mine has a grease fitting on the hub just for the back bearing...I can't get my gun on it with the wheels on....my axle shaft also has a factory grease fitting built in the shaft...not bearing buddies.....charged her up....cleaned her up....time to fish next week......knock on wood

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,502
Back in action😎 took the trailer wheels of the rocket and greased those inner bearings...mine has a grease fitting on the hub just for the back bearing...I can't get my gun on it with the wheels on....my axle shaft also has a factory grease fitting built in the shaft...not bearing buddies.....charged her up....cleaned her up....time to fish next week......knock on wood
Yeah, and I offered Sam coming down here next week to fish but he slammed it with a quick NO. We are nearing the 30 day count down anyway for Round 2 of RamaJamaBama Blue-and-Biscuit Bash.
Now, let's focus back totally on me.
Fished 3 days last week but didn't post much, as I didn't catch much except eaters.
Fished Lake W Monday to the tune of a 22 pounder and 6 eaters.
Today, Doc and I met at 6am at ramp X of Lake W. Doc was rigged for Bear and brought a "near Johnny Sized" tackle bag, but only 40 pounds.
Fog set in thick so we just idled out and set up on a spot. Bam, 22 pounder. Then a few mini's. Fog lifted and we moved to the spots we wanted to fish. One was a spot I was scouting for Sammy and Johnny, and Bam again, a 43 pounder came aboard.
Finished with 8-10 blues.....43, 22, 20, 20, 12, 8 and a few eaters.
Taking tomorrow off, but will fish Friday and fish the Christmas for Kids tournament Saturday on Wheeler.

IMG_4296.JPG
IMG_4304.JPG
IMG_4307.JPG
IMG_4315.JPG
IMG_4314.JPG

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,863 Posts
Trip number one we hit the ramp at 6:15 and it been slow since we finished it took us till 6:40 to get everything ready and organized..lolall I can say on this trip is it was on from the minute that we stopped till the time that we left I don't know how many fish we caught but it was 40 at least.... We stayed with our limit though at 30....
course Billy had a few issues as usual..
course we were fishing and we seen a boat coming and it kept coming and it kept coming and finally we decided it was a game ward... Yep time for a check we had to show our fishing license then we had to show our driver's license and while I was getting my driver's license one of my rods went down with a nice three pounder on it... I told him hang on a second I got one on..lol then he scanned our licenses with his phone.... Never seen that before.... Always good we were legal.... I don't know why people wouldn't buy a fishing license and keep their gear in their boat correctly......
Resized_20201108_093738.jpg

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,863 Posts
Trip number three....
I didn't have any shots from number two.... But we did well..... Picked up preacher Michael Trip number three.... We hadn't faced in a while it was good to see him... He was on em fast and hard... He caught 12 before I knew what was happening...

fish where everywhere never seen so many on the graph man it was just loaded

The bite was fast and furious.... We were in Oklahoma fishing... We caught a two-person limit easily....don't know if I'll get another trip in or not before I go back to work we'll see how it goes...

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,508
22 days and counting.........going to be one for the books. Even ole Bo and Chris will take notice.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,510
20 till Tea-time:unsure:
Yeah, and 20 days from this minute, you should be rolling in and the "Operation, Protect My Stuff" will commence.🕵️‍♂️
And now........returning back to ME.
Met Doc at ramp X on Lake W at 8:00am. A few McNasty's Sausage Biscuits were quickly downed, but we managed and headed out.
Started off on a drift with 3 long lines and 2 on boards. I struck first with an 18 pound blue and then the Eater Extravaganza began. We couldn't get out of them.
I finally caught a blue about 7 pounds to finish off the day at 2:30pm.
Sam called and we had a good talk and worked around some potential wrenches that could be thrown in Round 2 of BamaJama-BigBlue-O-Rama.
20 days people. Guess I need to start grocery shopping to be ready to feed those bellies.😲🍗🥩🌭🍔🥞🍳🥧
IMG_4398.JPG

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,512
Thanks for the "2" pictures of the same thing. Don't worry, you won't be posting the same fish when you get down here....it's going to be a Big Pig Frenzy.
Tomorrow will be a Scouting trip on Lake W to some spots I have wanted to fish and found on Navionics. 🕵️‍♂️
I'll text you the updates and hopefully it will be positive.
Boat is all packed. Dragging rods, spot locking rods, pop tarts (2 varieties) bibs, fleece and special Tuque all set for tomorrow.........look up Tuque in the Canadian Dictionary if you don't know what it is...:p:devilish:❄🇨🇦
19 days

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,513
Well, today's trip to W lake wasn't that good. Started out dragging a spot I'd never fished. Marked some big arcs but no takers, just bites. Fished a few more new spots to the tune of bites.
About noon, I fished one of my honey holes and Wham!!! The only fish of the day, a 53 pound blue.
Had another good talk with the big man who placed an order for some Amazon trinkets through me....😁
IMG_4412.JPG

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,863 Posts
Well Thanksgiving fish fry for the in-laws and families is in the books......
thawed and ready.....
IMG_20201121_132818895.jpg
talked to Regan...we're going tomorrow.....more will be revealed...... Unless it's not....😎

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,863 Posts
Well Reagan and I managed to get a trip in..... First time he's been in a while..... The conditions were just right
yep you couldn't see your hand in front of your face just about.... That's where GPS comes in handy with a few trails to the old spots.... Please don't out there and set up.... Fish were biting that's for sure.... I did catch Reagan lifting one in the boat
we managed about seven or eight that size.. I threw a couple back too.... Son didn't come out until 11:20 a.m. then it was just clear blue skies
IMG_20201123_072004624.jpg
IMG_20201123_072004624.jpg
IMG_20201123_081603160_MP.jpg

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,516
Fished today on lake W. Dragged a new spot to the tune of a 9 pounder and then anchored a few times. Lost a monster that stripped drag, all the while I was on the phone with Sam, so he witnessed the drag screaming.....:LOL:
Caught some nice eaters and a few other 8 pounders. The wind got up making the run back to ramp X a little dicey.
Taking a few days off but will take our oldest daughter from NW Arkansas and her husband out Friday and we'll fish a tournament Saturday.
IMG_4434.JPG
IMG_4435.JPG

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,863 Posts
Dude you need to clean the combo cat bad........ I can't fish and those conditions....

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,518
Dude you need to clean the combo cat bad........ I can't fish and those conditions....
You noticed all the mess in the boat??? 🕵️‍♂️ Yeah, it's a mess in there. Don't fret, we are fishing tomorrow and Saturday and it is supposed to rain some so that will clean it up a bit.....

2501 - 2520 of 2529 Posts