The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

2461 - 2480 of 2499 Posts

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,461
Day 5 of 6 days off? You mean, day 2 of 2 days of debacles.:eek1::o_O:
Glad your TM was not messed up, but knowing you and all your "lucky" trinkets, it seems you need to restock the Rocket of rabbits feet, 4-leaf clovers......etc.
Get with Johnny and peg a date down for December. I am fishing tournaments Dec 12 and 19th, so look at Dec 5th weekend. Come on man, get with 777 and nail it down.
Dec 5 would be perfect as that is the Alabama/Arkansas game, and we can listen to the Clinic we'll be putting on the hogs.:laugh:
Now back to me......
Bus workshop this morning, probably mowing this afternoon or finishing up the cleaning of the garden, but fishing tomorrow. More on that later.

·
Administrator
10,497 Posts
That's right so if your boat is parked beside the house, go ahead and throw the anchor out so it won't end up across town.

Just kidding but be careful around high water.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,464
I assume you boys are talking about Sally the hurricane? I just found out it is to hit Gulf Shores pretty soon. I am sure we'll get a ton of rain but bring it on, the TVA can handle it.
We have 40% tomorrow, Wednesday and 60% Thursday. We'll see if it doesn't move east before hitting up here.

·
Administrator
10,497 Posts
TVA is good but this being a slow moving storm the potential for a duck strangler is likely. They are saying 10 inches or more but then they say "in areas".

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,466
I am planning on fishing tomorrow but I'll just wait and see if it turns east. I am sure we'll get some rain out of this though.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,815 Posts
Why the combo cat should be adorned complete with a 7-ft weather - Vane spinning in the hurricane force winds along with 12 inch rain gauge topped off with a barometer that is "water resistant.... Of course you'll need your frog togs once all these gadgets get going....:idea:
IMG_20200913_193721_01.jpg
smashed my finger tree trimming....

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,469
.....don't let him fool ya folks, that's his right pinky toe.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::cute:

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,471
Don't worry Bo, the TVA has everything in order down here. And speaking of, today was a trip out on lake W.
I caught several eaters and this 31 pound blue. Had a few other "smash" down, pull downs that just didn't hang on. That's ok, I am heading back out tomorrow to the same Lake W.
IMG_3985.JPG

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,815 Posts
Trying to plan a trip with Johnny and Regan down to Bama in December is like planning taking the kids on a field trip to the dentist office:o_O::bruised::ninja:

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,473
.....yeah, the best line of the day was in all the Texty-Goo with Sam, Johnny and Jr, when Johnny said either first or second weekend in December is fine with me, but I am hunting until Dec 6th, so that is out for me..........:o_O:DUH?????
And then he said "Chris is the host, let him pick the weekend...."
DUH, Johnny has to Deer hunt, so the first weekend is out. Hmmm, that really leaves the host with a big choice.
I did suggest coming down for the entire December.
Jr already threw a wrench into the mix too, so who knows????
I am sure it will be that second weekend but we'll see.
Now, back to ME.
Today was a whole different day on Lake W. Light winds but less current.
No big fish but I ended with about 7-8 eater sized blues, that were all thrown back.
But the big news was yesterday when taking out at the ramp, I met the Game and Fish Biologists who were at the dam doing a Shocking Survey for..........................Jacks.
I sure hope they see a need to put a limit on skipjack like Tennessee has. In my opinion, we need it. There are thousands of jacks leaving our state in coolers and many are going to states that have skipjack.
Limits never hurt anyone.:adolf:

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,131 Posts
I sure hope they see a need to put a limit on skipjack like Tennessee has. In my opinion, we need it. There are thousands of jacks leaving our state in coolers and many are going to states that have skipjack.
Limits never hurt anyone.
Absolutely agree!
It’s a shame we have to have rules when common sense should be enough but too many people are too dumb or too greedy ..... or both.

...W

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,475
Well, Johnny must still be poking his Jim Cantore look-a-like voodoo doll with pins as the rain has set in here. I am sure it's the latest hurricane that came out of Texas. Already an inch in the official coffee cup rain gauge sitting out on the back deck table and lots more headed this way.
Today will be a shop day and rigging rods and tying leaders for Saturday's tournament.
Saturday is also (FINALLY) when the SEC opens. We will be whipping Missouri Saturday night. Roll Tide.
Sam is still waiting on Johnny to throw darts at the December calendar for round 2 of Bama-Jama-Blue-O-Rama....:biggrin1:
Secret Project B might, (key word, might) be implemented soon. More on this, but Sam will really like it.....maybe. I know I will and the ComboCat will take on a new look.
No, not a new motor, or new TM or new Little Debbie sponsored boat wrap, but it could be epic.:sneaky:

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,815 Posts
Too much going on.....time to switch from summer gear to fall gear......

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,477
I hear that Sam. I spent a few hours today cleaning out a few boxes from the boat, packing a set of dry clothes and tying leaders I keep in a box for when needed.
Rain is still here but trying to peter out. Doc got our bait for tomorrow and Saturday so tomorrow won't be a bait day but a day to check a few spots I haven't fished in a while.
The TVA has ramped up the current and hopefully the big fish will turn back on.
And now for the moment we've all been waiting on...........It's set for December 9-13. Johnny rubbed his magic lamp and the Genie said those dates.
A little far for a count down but to save the math, I think that's 77 days and counting.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,479
Caught fish today but won't post anything or pics as the tournament is tomorrow and the pictures show we were obviously fishing in the Walmart parking lot.:o_O:
More later

2461 - 2480 of 2499 Posts