The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

2441 - 2460 of 2496 Posts

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,810 Posts
Or you could go you know where fish around all that brush
and stuff I bet you get some back there... That's a good spot I don't care what anyone says

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,442
yeah, I know exactly where that is........WE fished it and caught fish, and about got struck by lightening too.
I was going today but woke up not feeling that well. Just too tired these days. I think the heat is getting me as we know 55 is YOUNG and old age surely can't be getting a hold of me.:unhappy:
Got to take my mom's car in for an alignment in the morning so I am shooting for Friday to fish. Should just head up there and fish with Johnny. Looks like he is still bartering for someone to fish with him.:laugh:

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,810 Posts
No bartering is over with after intense negotiations..
I will be riding in the war wagon

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,810 Posts
Leaving the house at 4:30 me and Johnny's heading to the mighty kerr lake in Oklahoma I got a surprise for Johnny in the morning
IMG_20200820_183004784.jpg
IMG_20200820_183456201.jpg
we're going to power drag Baits all day long ....

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,445
Woke at 4:30am too, ate a bowl of Snap Crackle and Pop and headed out.......and then back in. A fairly strong shower had finally set in. First rain in over a month.
Went back to bed and tried it again, but the rain is still here. That's fine, as I will be glad to cancel for some needed rain.
I'll fish next week and will also start "Sam's Freezer Project", sure to bring a smile to his face when he comes down this fall.:cute:
The big hint on your gift Sam is it involves me plugging in that freezer you keep referring to.:sneaky:
B2 out

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,810 Posts
Focus man:idea:....I met Johnny at 530am..... heading to the mighty Kerr lake....taking the war wagon out....it wasn't running right last time we had it out.... Johnny dropped it off at the shop 3 months ago....... So we unloaded and it fired right up sounded really good.... We eased out to the main part of the lake and hit the throttle..:sneaky:......bout a 5 mile run...... Johnny pulled off the gas hard...... Idle for about 10 seconds..... Then it quit:o_O: and would not restart....:o_O: it smells like gas like it flooded.... So we went to plan B.... Dragging baits for five miles towards the ramp... It was a slug festival.... Johnny had his planer boards out and had me surrounded:laugh:.. I was bouncing straight up and down with my rods on the side... After we drug a couple miles Johnny tried to start it again and it fired right up idling beautifully.... No need to change plans still dragging towards where we came from.... We had 30 fish caught by 11 am..so Johnny's trying to getting stuff ready to go clean the bait boards...get all that stuff organized... It was starting to get hot...It was then I noticed a red wasp up front..... He killed with his hat through it out... Johnny said boy he sure did fly a long way... House of Johnny it's at least a mile to the nearest bank he probably didn't fly that far.... Sure enough couple minutes later there was eight or ten flying around the front of the boat.... Not good... We fought walls for about an hourtrying to get our polzin and planer boards put up... We scream to the ramp and load it up heading back Arkansas.... Johnny drop me off at my truck and I was getting my stuff and another red wasp flew out the boat... Johnny's got a nest in there somewhere....:love:few pictures of the outing.
Resized_20200821_091952.jpg
IMG_20200821_080107842.jpg
IMG_20200821_080059382.jpg

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,447
Yeah, it was a good trip for you boys. I am fishing Monday so we'll see how things go out on lake "W". I am fishing some new areas as well.
Today was an impromptu trip up to Nashville. T and I decided we wanted to try some BBQ up there and it's only an hour and a half, but seemed even quicker.:sneaky:
T had the brisket platter and I opted for a rib platter AND a Burnt Ends platter. The burnt ends were on a layer of grits casserole.:biggrin1:
STB, it was all I could do to stay awake on the drive home. 2 cups of Loves' Truck Stop coffee, a big pepsi and sunflower seeds did the trick.:sleeping1::eek1:
Stopped at Bass Pro up by the big Opryland Hotel. Dang crowded but I found a good deal on sinker slides for braid. Got six 10 packs. Sam assured me he had plenty, so the 2 packs I got for him will be pilfered back into my official possession.:cute:
Here's the lunch spectacular.
IMG_3762.JPG

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,448
Well, this fall may be a debacle at best..........Sam in on "board" with boards.
I guess Johnny running a half a dozen out back of the WarWagon last week motivated Samuel. He has been texting pictures of his new mini board all day.
My worry is if Johnny brings his usual 6 boards, and now Sam comes armed with an arsenal of his own, there will be NO ROOM for any of my rods to even thing about entering "tangle free" water.:eek1::mad1:
Mini might suggest the size, but I am sure it can and will cut a few donuts out back and sides of my boat. If they are those Boomerang Boards like Johnny runs, we are screwed.:o_O:

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,810 Posts
IMG_20200823_171553482.jpg
I got full size ones too..... Johnny's the only one that will fish with boards....no one else wants too.....you can cover way more area... catch more fish...

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,450
Don't let him fool you folks. It's all a plan. They will team up on my rods and make a LOOM out of them, weaving in and out and knotting me up.
It's ok, I have a good defense, as I worked as a mate on a Charter boat for a few years up on Lake Michigan back in the 80's. I have a few Dipsi Divers left and will pull MY baits with those. I can get down and under all of their Loop-T-Loop mess.:rolleyes1:
Sam, you and Johnny (and Jr) need to make a plan and lets set a date/month and start the count down to Bama Jama Part II.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,810 Posts
Man it turned right before it got to us bo.... Now we're in another line of storms tonight..... We don't need any more rain..... Uncle uncle uncle.....

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,453
What Sam means by Uncle Uncle Uncle is..........."I gotta Mow Mow Mow"
I might have to send a few sheep and goats up there to help him if I want him to come down here later this fall.:geek::sneaky:

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,810 Posts
I did mow and weedeat 1 & 1/2 yards...dad gun fire ants were after me again had a mini mound deep in the crabgrass....a little terminator took care of that...heavy storms this morning..... Waldron flooded bad.. rescuing folks..there about 20 miles south....pray for em....

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,455
Sam texted me some more pictures of B'town. It's bad folks. Let's keep Sam and his town in our prayers. They don't need any more rain and flooding.

....and on a lighter note, I started "gathering" up some of Sam's Christmas presents today. Mostly today was smaller "gifts" in the stocking stuffer size.:p:rolleyes:
But I will say this, he'll come down here in early December and head back to B'town with many "wrapped" big gifts.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,458
Well, Doc Lange and I were out again today on Lake "W" for round 2. Eaters and an 8 pounder was round 1 last week.
Today started off right at 6am with fresh bait and clouds. We stayed in the clouds until about 10:30am and it was sure nice not burning up.
Doc struck on the first drift with a 38 pound blue and finished the morning with an 18. Lots of bites and a few serious pull downs in between, but hey, it is a full moon today so we took any action we had.
Fishing will take a backseat to work around here for a few days but I'll get back at it next week.
Come on Sam, get with Johnny and peg down a December date for BamaJama2020.
IMG_3870.JPG
thumbnail (53).jpeg

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,810 Posts
I figured you " commadeared" the blue from Doc for a picture...now let's get to Me :idea:!!! The mighty Kerr lake it was on Friday...arrived ready to launch at 630am....oops I forgot the graph:o_O:......oh well Billy was freaking...I suggested it won't matter..... Off we went Jack's and shad......planer boards 101 was the plan....we drug baits till about 1130 it got hot.......we caught 19 blues.....biggest about 6lbs...Billy lost 4 trying to get em in the boat...he missed about 10...he hadn't fished in 5 weeks.....he did tangle up a couple times
IMG_20200904_085002654_MP.jpg
Resized_Resized_20200904_122346_01.jpg
IMG_20200904_084623163_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200904_083640766.jpg
you have to zoom in on the next picture
IMG_20200904_075548147.jpg

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,810 Posts
Well it was day 5 of 6 days off:cool1:...met Billy at 545am secret Walmart X...:o_O: in the water at 630am....dragging baits and boards at 645am....same baits couple frozen Jack's and several nice shad...:smile1: and so it begins... Billy says it's my birthday:cute:..lol we had 19 blues at 1015 am...at 1016am a 3lber tangled all his lines and spooled a 100 yards around the I pilot:bruised: ripped line off 2 rods......it was a total melt down
IMG_20200908_124603777_HDR.jpg
at 1045 we were loaded and headed home...:pacs_foe::pacs_foe::pacs_foe: i re- spooled 2 6500 C3's and took the prop off...
IMG_20200908_145952764.jpg
. It was ok and didn't cut the shaft or the seal....got lucky....some shots of the day...
IMG_20200908_080306083_HDR.jpg

2441 - 2460 of 2496 Posts