B's, B's and More B's, and Spoonbill hexes....#7

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by ccat, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Little Mac

Little Mac Well-Known Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Name:
    Jim
    How deep were the shad Sam?

Big Sam likes this.
  2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Trip number two back to the farm fields the river was running 200000 CFS so it was up even more. We struck hard and quickly and it turned from evening tonight time. Here's a few photos of the adventure IMG_20200530_203154331.jpg IMG_20200530_203137149.jpg IMG_20200530_184830046.jpg IMG_20200530_220811_01.jpg those fish were just busting from the belly gorging on farmfield worms and bugs. The water was Swift to but we made it in safely.

barnold, Retta Ann and ccat like this.

3. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Athens, Alabama
    Name:
    Chris
    Hmmmm, I smell a rat.........more on that later,
    Nice trip, and nice trip a week ago to the fields. You boys wore them out.
    Rat? Was that a "noodle" in the background of picture #3?
    Glad you got to get out and fish. I have been quarantined with a ton of stuff to do.
    Since that last rain, it has been mowing, weeding the garden, and more projects.
    Here's a picture of Secret Project Zeke. Now Sam can bring Zeke to Alabama (NOT) and Zeke will have a kennel upstairs to sleep in.
    A free chest of drawers, $30 in rebar, a lot of time and paint.....and it's done.
    We'll put a TV on top of it that will make for the perfect angle for Sam to lounge back on the Queen Sealy and watch BattleBots Reruns.
    IMG_3181.JPG IMG_3179.JPG

Retta Ann, barnold and Big Sam like this.
  4. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    . Well I threw my tail off looking for shad....they were 2ft deep on the edge of the weeds and grass

Little Mac likes this.
  5. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    There was no fishing this last weekend. I noticed my dust cap was gone when I was checking the air in my tire. I seen a little grease slung out and I thought it was no big deal.that night I had a dream that I was working on wheel bearings.lol so the next day I jacked it up and pulled the hub and the bearings fell out in pieces lol. I just went and got some of the new hub kits they have a extra grease bearing on the back for the back bearing. My trailer has a grease fitting in the middle of the shaft.course there was braided line wrapped around in it somehow and they're eating it up.... No damage to the shaft. I went ahead and bought two kids and did both sides IMG_20200607_123928116.jpg IMG_20200607_123919075.jpg IMG_20200607_124054476.jpg

ccat and Nuclear Bill like this.
  6. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    The river is finally falling and the current is around 40,000cfs...if we don't get no rain they ate bound to close the flood gates..... wouldn't that be epic??? Haven't run the rc in 2 years...let's knock on wood people....

ccat and Nuclear Bill like this.
  7. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Athens, Alabama
    Name:
    Chris
    [QUOTE="Big Sam, post: 3348750, member: 2328"Haven't run the rc in 2 years...let's knock on wood people....[/QUOTE]

Don't let him fool you folks. He ran the RC about 3 weeks ago during the latest big flood. Someone spotted Sam sending the RC out to the mailbox to retrieve his mail.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Retta Ann, barnold and Big Sam like this.
  8. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Let's not discuss that one:bruised::O_o:

ccat likes this.
  9. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Athens, Alabama
    Name:
    Chris
    Well, without "anything else to burn"......to blame, it does look like we are all about to have some nice weather for a while. We have 10 days of sunny weather predicted by the Alabama Garretts.

Big Sam likes this.
  10. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Turn off the water please...:roflmao: l worked all day Sunday getting ready just in case they do....took me forever to get stuff found and back in shape that's been stored for 2+years...dirt dobbers suck:laugh: re doing my Shimano tekota 800 and gold series Abu big game 10,000 .....gotta have a lot of line......

Attached Files:

Nuclear Bill and ccat like this.
  11. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Athens, Alabama
    Name:
    Chris
    Finally got out of the garden and made a run down to Wilson to fish a few hours.
    Fished 3 anchors and the 3rd proved to be the ticket.
    I had a request for a fish fry and we'll have it tomorrow.
    Caught 6 with ONLY one dedicated to Johnny. Missed some big pull downs too.
    It was good to fish a while but the heat won out about 10am.
    IMG_3254.JPG thumbnail (39).jpeg

12. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    The channel Master strikes again:bruised::laugh::adolf:

ccat likes this.
  13. barnold

barnold Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Bo
    Your pretty impressive when you can catch Channels in a fishery known for their Blues. Way to go Ccat.:angelic:

Big Sam and ccat like this.
  14. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Athens, Alabama
    Name:
    Chris
    I have been telling Johnny this since we moved down here. It takes a lot of skill and intestinal fortitude to be able to weed thru all the 80 pounders and catch a channel cat.
    It takes exact precision and bait placement to keep those overly populated 90 pounders off the bait.
    When it comes down to it, I should drive up to Tennessee or Georgia and get me a few PowerBall tickets and apply all this "luck" so I can put Sam in early retirement.:cute:
    Speaking of ME, I have been back in the garden, weeding the purple hulls. I am still playing catch up from all the May rains. I have about 250 more feet of peas and about 300' of okra to weed (hands and knees) and I'll be done. By then, the serious heat will take over and put me under the shade trees.:bruised:

carnold and Big Sam like this.
  15. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    He ain't right Bo...:laugh: IMG_20200506_091636391.jpg

ccat likes this.
  16. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Athens, Alabama
    Name:
    Chris
    I may not be right, but I am regular.:laugh::laugh::laugh::eek1::eek1::eek1::adolf::adolf::adolf::wink1:

Big Sam and carnold like this.
  17. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Read em and weep...I picked my ,1st tomato today.. IMG_20200620_073402952.jpg

ccat, Retta Ann, carnold and 2 others like this.
  18. barnold

barnold Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Bo
    Sam that tomato is impressive to me. Mine are about the size of a grape and green.

Big Sam likes this.
  19. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Athens, Alabama
    Name:
    Chris
    Remember Bo, you live near the Arctic Circle and things grow a little slower up there.
    Now, let's get back to ME.
    T and I are planning on fishing later this afternoon and tonight but Johnny has us on the fence. After about a week of nice and dry weather, we've had rain off/on the past few days and more is predicted late this afternoon with some storms as well.:mad1:
    I guess in the meantime, I can pull a Johnny and tie and re-tie rods for tonight.
    And Sam, I need you down here.......my 6 new hens, along with my older 3 are putting out about 7-8 eggs a day now. I can't keep up with them, but in the mean time, I'm eating lots of fried eggs and hard boiled eggs as well and T is NOT happy........if you know what I mean.:bruised::cry::sneaky:

20. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    No I have no idea:bruised::laugh:

ccat likes this.