The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 2496 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok B's, here we go again, for the 7th time.
Sam and I said this post needs to have some mention of the Spoonbill hex and other Voodoo weather hexes Johnny throws at us.:sneaky:

Ok, now on to my fishing day.
My dad and I fished Greers today and I took him to the farthest reaches of Middle Fork. We went to a shoal and that was far enough in the ComboCat.
We were just fishing and not targeting any particular fish. Of course, whenever we got into some White Bass, I would get some texts from the Big Man, but I can't repeat them on here, unless there isn't a filter:sneaky:
Anyway, we caught 30-40 White Bass, Black Bass, Brown Bass, Crappie and even 3 big Hybrids. I did have a monster crappie I saw, but it pulled off.
I spit out the infamous Jimmy Swaggart quote....."Forgive me Sammy, for I have sinned...", when I tied on a Spinnerbait and pounded some buck brush. No fish until my dad swung in a nice 18" largemouth on it.
I just fried the bass and crappie, and am about to enter coma #37 for 2015.

There is a lot of Nasty Weather out there now. I sure hope all of us in Ark are spared and prayers to those in Okla and other areas for the damage they have had.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can report that the skips at Murray were slow Wednesday. Had 4 skips hit and caught one white bass.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,814 Posts
Still a tad bit early on those skipps..by the way where is Skipeye??? Oh he just missed the tornados last week...that's a good thing ...I Know your in OKC trippin on shrooms:mask1: really?? Tell me your going to miss spring fishing on Kerr??? Come on man lay us out a plan....... I been weed eating / spraying weed killer trimming trees...setting post 2 to be exact...and working on the "cub" top secret project..:cool1: Jr is in Branson soaking up the Hay-goods & Peter Brady:laugh: He showed me a picture of mini-Jr wearing an out fit that I say cost at least 20 gophers...... any one heard from Johnny????

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Been working to much to fish lately. I have to work again tomorrow and Monday then taking off to see the sugar doctor again Tuesday.

We did go by the coffee shop in Roland today for a few hours. I was down $60 and put the last $20 I was going to lose in a 25 cent red ruby machine. This machine is a 5 quarter machine and I was playing 3 quarters. It hit some and had me up and down for about 30 minutes getting me up to about $90 then it turned red and spun twice, the second spin lined up 3 red ruby's :cool1::cool1::cool1:. It shot up with what was already on the machine to $743, I spun it about 3 more times cashed out and came home :biggrin1:.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
I'm still here in Missouri you B! In 2 days I head for the tornado hellhole called Oklahoma. Got mushroomin' on the brain this go-round.
Had PipeRat's 2nd annual sinker pour today, it was a blast. About 20 folks showed up. Fried fish, French fries, deer chili, cheese dip, deer sausage, tater salad and a few other things too. Wore out now, need to get into shape!

See you B's in the mushroom patch!

·
Registered
313 Posts
My old buddy. It was his first trip for spoonbill and he had a great time.
IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

We got in em pretty good. It was on early then the water flow changed and messed things up! Caught 4 those two were 40 and 58.

·
Registered
313 Posts
They are not bad if you eat em while its hot. We can only keep two a year per person and once you reach your limit your done. We kept one on this trip that was hooked in a spot that may of been terminal. They have a bunch of red meat in them so cutting as much of that out as you can is critical to decent table fare.

I only go once maybe twice a year, just to change things up a bit. If everyone on the boat gets to land one then its been a good trip.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm afraid you may be right! LOL:biggrin1:

Wanted to go fishing this morning. Got up at 5 checked the weather. Wind was terrible, decided to wait till about noon when it is supposed to die down and change out of the south.

Anyway I got to get out of the house and give the wife a chance to do the housework> :laugh: So I will be going wind or no wind.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Thanks Mutt :cool1:.

Perry those are some dandies, looks like a blast :tophat catfish:.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,814 Posts
2 days slave labor done me in ... i got up at 730am Sunday and said hell with it i am hitting the river ..... Yes it was a late start..good thing really when i got there and launched i eased out to the river and the wind was blowing 25 east & the current was flowing 25000cfs west:laugh: nice 3 fters rolling around ..... I went to a point i know and got right behind it and sit... View attachment 255074 caught about 15 blues and 2 Johnny - channels.. then the super cruiser came by hit me with 4 ft waves wiped me out ..never seen a cruiser going that fast i got a shot but not a good one... View attachment 255075 and by the way super secret project " U" is completed...

1 - 20 of 2496 Posts