Bryan Polish Sausage

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by robbie, Jun 29, 2006.

1. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    I saw a women using this sausage in the arkansas river catching small flatheads from the bank. has any of you tried or heard of this? the kicker is she was using a hand pole. robbie

2. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    robbie,

Those weren't flatheads - Flathead won't go after stuff like that they like alive fish or dead fish not like channel and blue who can't tell the difference between liver and steak and would rather have liver!LOL:crazy::crazy:

Sausage makes a good channel because it's all greasy and stuff like that. I have some cats on it brekfast sausage before!

Josh

3. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    I have used Polish sausage before but I'm not sure the Brand name. It was in the 'quick' sale bin marked down and I tried it instead of hot dogs. I caught several Blues on the sausage.

The local newspaper reported a man catching a 50 pound Blue recently on plain chicken hot dogs no garlic, vanilla or anise seasoning. Go figure.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have never tried polish sausage but I did use some out of date mini smokies that were in the freezer to long. I caught more than a couple of channels and bigger bream 9-16 ounce size.

5. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    if the fish are hungry enuff regardless what it is if it pass in front of his mouth i believe he will eat it..

6. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    polished sausage? and who is bryan?

ok, I'm confused. the sausage I usually eat is patty!
    polish the table not the sausage. LOL

7. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I've been catching some good blues and channels lately on trot lines using hot dogs. I never add garlic or anything to them. I just use the cheapest ones I can find. I had 2 last week that would go around 35 pounds each.

8. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    hey josh,thats no joke i was on a boat dock right beside the lady. they was all 1to3 pounds. she was floating the bait along some rocks. i guess a fish will eat anything if its hungry enough. lol. i have some friends that caught a 30 pound blue and some around 10 to 15 pounds on crickets last weekend .the fish was in some riprap along the bank. robbie

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Hum, u sure those was flatheads? that sound like something a channel would eat.

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

you might call it smoked sausage are kibalsa

11. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    thats not always true a flathead will eat almost any kind bait out there, just like any other catfish. yes they do prefer live bait, but if hungry enough they will eat it. especially the smaller ones.

12. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I agree, you can't say they weren't Flatheads unless you were there.

13. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    as a young child i can rembering catching a 22lb flathead o a wax worm. bluegill fishing. of coarse my poppy (grandfather) done most of the reeling i was only 8. but it was my pole. lol but catfish are scavengers. and they will eat anything. speaking of that and grandfather i can remember as soon as he would land one. he cut its tail off, and let him bleed out in the water on a stringer. made for easier cleaning he was an old tymer didnt beleive in filleting them. he like to hack and cough on the bones lol.