The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this 49+ lb. Brute Tracy and Omar got at the NCCATS Mountain Island Tourney today!

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They won it with a tournament record 106.95 lbs. Second place was a very respectable 82 lbs.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Congratulations to Brute Tracy and Omar on the 49+ lb. HAWG and the first place finish in the tournament :cool2:.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
That is certainly one heck of a fish. Hopefully I get one like that tomorrow.....I seriously doubt it though:smile2:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
They won it with a tournament record 106.95 lbs. Second place was a very respectable 82 lbs.
Cool stuff. I wish that we had tourneys out here. Not that I would ever have a chance at winning but it would be interesting to watch!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks for the pics and post, a 49+ is a great fish, congrats! What was the creel limit for the tourney per boat?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I was at mountain island this week. That was an impressive catch. Did you get a picture of the gizzard shad that came out of that one catfish? That would be a cool pic

·
Registered
175 Posts
How many fish could you bring to the scale???

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Yes, humbling.

We had a good day, a great day, and when 63 pounds popped up on the scale for our total weight I was even happier. On a normal day that weight had a good shot at winning, but like I told Billfish76 when we were out there, "if we found them, someone else did too."

And they did, in a GRAND FASHION!

I think it was probably even more humbling for Kevin Custer and Jerry Hilderbran. Those guys have fished and won a lot of tournaments on Mt. Island Lake and know what it takes to win. Their 83 pounds would have won 9 out of 10 events there. Another awesome sack of fish.

Omar, Tracy, Jerry, and Kevin are some amazing catfish anglers. Congrats on an AWESOME record breaking tournament day on MIL!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that is not right that 18lb that is not 49lb at all:confused2: to little
I beg to differ sir. I took the photo right after it came off the tourney scales 49+. That fish was fat from one end to the other and it was every bit of the 49 the scales said it was.

·
Registered
215 Posts
IMPRESSIVE! Cant wait to hook a 49lb'er! Congrats to everyone that stayed and challenged everything till the end.
~Teddy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts