Brunners Island?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by jconna, May 16, 2008.

1. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    I fish primarily from Harrisburg down to the York Haven dam but wanted to give Brunners a shot this year. I can't tell on the PFC if there is a public boat launch or not? I see a private Conewago boat launch that looks close, but I'm not sure if it's usable? Anyone know the area?

2. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Is this a stupid question or something? I can handle someone telling me that if it is? Just though someone might know...Really

3. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    I think its a good question ... but i live on the west side of PA so i have no input but i would think if anyone knows they would post soon ... and on top of that the boards have been abit slow latly for some reason specialy from the east side boys..:0a28: mabe ya need a sign to draw their attention ...:0a34: their mabe we can get some input now. :smile2:

4. Romo

Romo Active Member

State:
    PA
    Name:
    your first name
    Conewago is the creek that flows into the susky at the plant. I am fairly sure there is a public launch there as well. Don't take my word for it, though.

5. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    There is a launch at the mouth of the conawago creek. I would not put my boat in there. Its not even paved youll probably sink your trailer in the mud before you even get your boat in the river.If you have a jet boat you can put in at fallmouth.There is also 2 very ratty launches on gut rd.If Im takeing my boat to the warm water Id put in at bainbridge on the east shore.If your going to fish brunner island you better hury.When it gets nice the water will be to hot and will be void of all life . Not even so much as a crayfish

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    That great pappy cat's territory

7. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks Great Pappy Cat! I was planning to go this weekend but now I'm not so sure that I should try that area? I don't have a jet and am only running a 14' double wide with a 9.9 on the back. I beleive that fallmouth is the launch that I typically use directly accross from York Haven? Could be wrong on that. Anyway...I have a full size F-150 but I don't feel like having to yank my trailor out of 3 foot of muck either. As for the warm water, I guess that I wasn't thinking that it would spread the entire way accross the river. I was planning to try the warm water, and then experimenting back and forth till I found the seam and trying and fish that. I'll be fishing for bass while I have my catfish rod out, but now I don't know what I want to do. Thanks for the info and heads up though...Now I guess that I have some thinking to do. I do have one question though. I have launched at the York Haven quite a few times but never went down around the first bend. Is this where Brunner Island is? They look awful close when I look that the fish commisions site. Thaks again!

Jeff

8. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Jeff your fishing about the same rig I am.I have made it from bainbridge (wich is directly accross the river from brunner Island) up to fall mouth when the river was at 4' at harrisburg. I hit more times that day than I ever have but I made it. If you put in at fallmouth this weekend.Take it slow and you should make it to brunner island.The gauge is at 6' right now.Brunner Island is on the west bank 3-4 miles down river from fallmouth.Good luck!! As cold as it has been the flattys should still be in there

9. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks Joe....I believe that I'm going to try launching at bainbridge and working my way accross to Brunner Island. Can't quite tell from your post, but I'm assuming that if you have made it all the way up to fallmouth (albeit tough), then I imagine that I should be able to work my way accross river to the warm water discharge at the current water levels. Really looking forward to giving it a try down there. Have a farm pond lined up for Saturday morning for some bluegills, and off I go. May turn into a long day but I'm looking forward to it!!! Appreciate all of the info and I'll let everyone know how I do.