Brumley dam catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by thomcat, Sep 10, 2006.

1. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    can anybody that fishes the lake of the ozarks by brumley dam,, how big do the cats get there??? when i was stationed @ ft. leonard wood, there was a rumor up at brumley dam area, that there divers that went down to repair some part or brumley dam and there were catties in there the size of volkeswagon bugs.... is there any truth to this??????? i have to ask because im lookin to visit my brother, he is currently stationed @ ft. lost in the woods, and were gunna do some fishin @ l.o.a.

2. timpndr20

timpndr20 New Member

State:
    missouri
    The stories you are hearing are just that,stories.Every major resevoir in the U.S.have those same stories told about them.They are the product of bait stores and tackle shops trying to sell larger and more expensive tackle that they don't normally sell much of.But do I believe there are record class blues and flathead in the lower Osage river and Lake Ozark? The answer is most definently,There are blues that would match or break or even shatter the existing state and world record.And flathead that would break the state record.So don't believe every thing you hear.I recomend you to hire a guide that knows where to find the big cat's if that is what you want to persue.It will be money well spent on your part.I hope you take my advise,spend your money wisely.:smile2:

3. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    cool,, i am still gunna come out and go fishin... me and my brother are trying to set up a trip up there,,,, maybe catch a few....