brubot, seems to be the best for early cats around here???

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Eric Wood, May 7, 2008.

1. Eric Wood

Eric Wood New Member

State:
    manitoba
    I cought some good size channels the past few days 32"- 17 lbs., 31.5"-14 lbs., 31"-15lbs., 34"-24lbs., 30"-14lbs., 33.5"-18lbs., 30.5"-17.5lbs., 32.5"-14.5lbs., 31.5"-15lbs., 31.5"-14lbs., 30.5"-13lbs., 30.5"-12.5lbs., 28"-10lbs. , and cought them mostly on mostly burbot...., yes burbot, (and frogs). almost all channel cats over 30" and biggest so far 24 lbs., and yes im in kat heaven till they move down river i need a boat to find the best holes when the feed slows at the dam. good kat fishin around here not just the red river of the north. So, some how this river needs a little recognition. pass on the word, my brothers.:wink::smile2:

2. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    CONGRATS ON THE CATS!!!BUT WHAT IS BURBOT???

3. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Burbot are also called eelpout. They're a freshwater cod. I think they're mostly a far-north fish, and they are usually caught through the ice. Big, ugly and tasty...

4. ShrimpDaddy

ShrimpDaddy New Member

State:
    Montana
    I know this is an old post. But they are also called Ling. Long looking catfish. The larger one will wrap their tails around your arm when you are taking the hook out. Usually grow to about 6 pounds max. on the Yellowstone. Montana state record 17lb on the Missouri near wolfpoint. Fillet,boil, dip in drawn butter.

http://fieldguide.mt.gov/detail_AFCMA01010.aspx

5. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    Yes, very tasty

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    So its a yankee fish? no wander i never heard of it lol:wink: