The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I see they come with an exploded view complete with parts list. Having a parts number is great but is there a place to get replacement parts? I have three Cattmax reels which also came with parts list but I can not find anywhere to order replacement parts, like all things mechanical if used sooner or later the bearing surfaces are going to wear and need replaced.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I didn't know Browning even made fishing reels! Just looked it up, $60!Can't catch cat's with it though, doesn't seem to have a clicker switch! :) Something I would think about the Browning is it would be a fairly good reel, they have a reputation to support! Look at the prices af new round reels anymore and the $60 really isn't bad at all! What I don't find though is the reel common in sporting goods dept's which means I'm likely not to try one. My Kastking reels were accident's. Couldn't believe the trash some guy was pouring n them and for $45 had to find out for myself. My Millionaire is about the same. Wondered about them a lot but in those days wouldn't part with the money. Finally got one brand new from Joe's quitting business sale! I got into ABU's for whatever reason about 1971.Don't remember what it cost back then but sure it was more than I could afford. At that point in life what I could afford ment having the money in my pocket or peyday whichever came first!

Know what we could use on here? Someone really good that is not prejudice about reels doing review's on different reels. I see now and then ad's for one reel of another and generally don't go there as it's a brand I never heard of. Probably should try now and then. After all I never heard of the Kastking untill some guy started trashing it!

Ah what the H*ll, I've got 12 level winds and at my age will likely never wear one out! Had to go count. Got 16! Looking I found another I forgot I had. Shakespeare Direct Drive mod LD No 1950. Boy need a new rod This thing is rally smooth! :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
The Browning brand has been around a long time. When noodle rods were the big thing for steelhead Dick Swan put his name on Browning rods.

And clickers only help keep rods from going into the drink or to let you know you got a bite instead of staring at your rod all the time

1 - 16 of 16 Posts