Browning Six river abu knockoff?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by OklahomaFever, Apr 13, 2008.

1. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
  2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky

3. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    If your looking for line capacity and a clicker I would go with Abu 7000.

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It looks like the Morrum model of Abus. I'd go with the 7000 or 6500 though. It's easier to get upgrade parts and replacement parts for them.

5. sherlockian

sherlockian New Member

State:
    Alabama
    They are actually Pflueger Trion Rounds with the Browning label. Most BPS and Browning reels(and Gander Mountain Guide Series) are made by Pflueger(actually Silstar which makes the Pinnacle brand also). They seem to be on par with the Trions, but like the other guys, I would get the Abu.

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I THINK IF YOU JUST LOOK AND LISTEN THERE MORE ABUS USED THE ANY OTHER REEL. IF I WAS GOING TO THE 7000 I WOULD USE THE C3 MODLE OR STEP UP A CLASS IF YOUR CHECK BOOK WILL LET YOU , TO A SHIMANO

DON'T WORRY ABOUT YESTERDAY BECAUSE IT'S COME AND GONE,LIVE TODAY TO IT'S FULLEST AND GIVE GLORY TO HIM

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I would chose a Abu 6000 or 6500C3 over that anyday.

8. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I'd use it for fishing where I'd be casting all day, like stripers or muskies. Clicker's are weak in them, and the line capacity is a bit low for heavier lb tests. Pflueger makes a lot of the reels for other companies, as does Pinnacle.

Pflueger isn't owned by Silstar, it's owned by Shakespeare. Pflueger Trion reels are pretty popular with lots of catfish guide in Santee, and Denny Halgren on the Rock River uses them too.

Pinnacle makes almost all of the Bass Pro reels, and Pinnacle isn't a bad reel at all. I've got a couple of Vision VS30's (older models) that are nice reels and I've had any problems out of them (other than weak clickers). Pinnacles are made by Silstar.

For the money though, you aren't going to beat the ABU's. They are basically bullet proof. If you're using under 30lb test (mono), the 6000-6500's are all you'll need. Anything over 30lb test (mono) I'd go with the 7000 series. If you're going to fish super braid, the 6500 is all the capacity you need. If it doesn't have one, order a power handle for it (like the 7000 has). Makes a world of difference.