Browning Little Skeeters chamber inserts.

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by peewee williams, Apr 5, 2008.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Anyone familiar with these chamber inserts in the 16 to 20 gauge set.Cabela's sells them and has many reviews but the only one in 16-20 gauge claimed they split.I am hoping that with a heavy gun and great recoil pad on a 16 single barrel I may be able to shoot a 20 gauge shell on my good days.

I use to shoot anything,but now recoil is very painful and I end up bleeding internally and massive bruising on my shoulders due to cancer and blood thinners.Even a 410 is too expensive to shoot now.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Interesting stuff thank you for sharing this with us

3. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    peewee i can relate on recoil being pain full. when i was a kid i was wrestling one of the neighbor kids and i ended up breaking my collar bone and now as an adult couple hours at the range shooting a large caliber my shoulder is just flaring up so what ive started doing is when im done shooting and ready to leave the range i pop a couple advil and they take the pain out. but its the only injury from when i was a kid that has come back to haunt me as an adult and i know its just gonna get worse with time. i dont wanna get old

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    You are old.If you do not believe it,just ask a small child!:wink:

Getting old means that you have to go to cemeteries to find most of the people that you have known in life.

Getting old means that you can sit back and laugh at all of the ones who think that their bull manure and lies about being a man or woman are believed.

Getting old means that you learn that most folk lie to folks long enough,they start believing it their selves,including a lot of old men and women!

Also_Old age means you made it and you can look back.

Old age means outliving many wannabees who wished to be your enemy.I have found very few that I ever had to worry about though I found many who lied to their selves and I,to claim that I did.

Old age means that you have found very few actual men and women on this earth compared to the numbers of Humans on it.

Old age means that you can laugh at all of the fools on earth including yourself.

Old age means that you have found nothing on earth funnier than someone who takes their selves seriously.

Old age is finding more "Snipers" on line than all of the worlds military has had in it's ranks in the history of the world.

Old age means you have found out being able to say"One Shot,One Kill" is not completing Sniper training.

Old age is learning that a once in a life time lucky shot does not make you a Expert shooter.

Old age is learning that a 100 foot shot is not a 1000 yard shot.

I could go on and on.:smile2:

I use to would shoot anything and have shot much when and if I got the chance.I once shot a 460 Weatherby twice.The deal was if you would shoot it twice,the owner paid for both of the shells.If you only shot it once you paid for two shells.It kept him in shells as few would shoot it twice.Back then it was loaded even more powerful than today as Weatherby has toned it down.They have also put a recoil brake on it.People were getting their retinas detached in their eyes,shoulder damage and such from the recoil.I was wearing a tee shirt at the time.I was also 18 or 20 and stupid as they came.I had a perfectly imprinted bruise of the recoil pad on my shoulder.

I mail ordered a German Anti Tank Gun in the 50's at 9 or 10 If I remember right.I rigged it up to old truck tires and shot it.Sold it to a Macho Man teenager who broke his shoulder trying to impress himself,his friends and a bunch of girls.That thing had RECOIL!

I have also shot a old 8 gauge single barrel shot gun with the old hand loaded Brass black powder shells.A 10 gauge magnum double in Spain when I was looking to buy one in the mid 60's.I bought a Spanish double in 12 gauge 3 inch magnum instead as 10 gauge shells were only readily available by the case in the US and that in #2 lead only then.My old original un ported Mossberg 835 seemed to be right up there with my memory of them all with a maxed out 3 1/2 inch lead Turkey load.As I have said.Stupidity was one of my major traits.I have always loved guns and always let people know of this.Most gun owners are proud of what they have and most love to show and share be it a child with a BB gun or a Wealthy man outfitted for a safari.

I for one believe that a slender built experienced shooter can handle recoil far better than a heavy person as I believe that they give easier and by doing so absorbs it up over a longer and more gradual period of time.Injuries,age,weight,illness,medication and such take a toll.I never thought about blood thinners making me bruise horribly and bleed internally from recoil.I was putting up with the terrible pain just to shoot,never realizing it could be deadly with the softest shooting gun that I had ever used!

Everyone is different.I believe that only fools play the Macho game in any direction.I have often been that fool.I have been a real slow learner in life.So what if someone else can handle more recoil than another?

I truly believe that the most dangerous thing on earth is a woman.They are far more deadly and destroy more men than wars.I am serous when I say this.This belief comes totally from experience gained with my age.I have been wounded by them many times in many ways,but have survived them so far.The most dangerous man that I ever had try to kill me was a joke beside the average woman that I have known in my personal opinion.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee