browning buckmark

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by beaneye46, Jan 29, 2006.

1. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    im thinking of buying a 22. pistol, but im debating over a ruger mark II or mark III. or a browning buckmark.
    id rather get the browning because it comes standard with the matchgrade barrell and its cheaper. but i want to get something that is going to shoot straight every time. any advice

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I haven't tried the browning, but as far as I know, they have a reputation for being accurate. I have owned a ruger, and it was accurate, too. Either one should be a good gun. I would just go with what felt good in my hand. I like a pistol (or long gun, for that matter) which, when I raise it into firing position, it lines up the sights where I'm looking naturally, and I don't have to move the sights around to line up on target.

3. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I don't know much about either of those handguns. But just about anything you buy now days from a reputable arms maker is going to be a good weapon. Like blackwaterkatz said go with what feels good in your hand. also don't forget to shop around for some other brands that are out there. just stay away from somehting that seems too good to be true. You may also want to research a bit online. this is just my two cents worth.

4. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    have never shot any of the rugers you mentioned but i can vouch for the accuracy of the browning buckmark pistol,very nice lil pistol.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here is my opinion: I perfer the older Ruger Mark II's? They have a medal frame & will stand up to anything. I really miss mine. I also had one of the newer ones, plamyer frame, it shot great, but I like the old model better. I've never owned a Browning Buckmark, but have heard great things about them.

6. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    I can't say anything about the browning,but I have 3 mark2's 1 reg blue 5 in bbl 2 ss comp targets.One has a scope one doesn't,if target shooting with the scoped one it better be a good distance away or real small targets or it gets boring;) Good luck on your choice.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Were you able to shoot or ever tried to shoot CCI Stingers from your Buckmark? Some autos wont shoot them. I never had a problem w/ them out of my Ruger. That 22 Stinger is one great bullet (for a 22)

8. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

State:
    IL
    If the browing is cheaper I see no reason to not buy it. Granted I'm for familar with the shotguns, but there is certainly no lack of quality in the Browning products.

9. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    thanks for the info guy.
    nice monkey triggerhappy:)

10. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    I purchased a browning buckmark for one of my sons several years ago. He also has a ruger, S&W, and a Glock. He said his Buckmark with the 7 1/4" fluted barrel will out shoot all of them.

I have an early model Light weight High Standard Auto that comes close to the Buck mark in accuracy but still not as good.

Hope this helps.

Jesse