Brown trout

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by fishinnstudyin, Jan 14, 2007.

1. fishinnstudyin

fishinnstudyin New Member

State:
    MO
    just went fishing on out on the 'big pond' and i caught me a couple of nice sized brown trout off of rainbow trout spawn egg sacs... hope to go out again, none of the catfish around here seem to be biting...

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the family John those are super browns i have never caught one to date thanks for sharing

3. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice lookin' brownies John. Welcome to the BOC.

4. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    those are some nice trout there, hope you keep catchin more

5. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sweet browns! I used to catch a few back home, but none real nice like those! Browns are my favorite trout, even though my biggest to date is only a little over two pounds and my largest rainbow was 4 1/2lbs.

6. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Nice browns there bro, been getting into a few like there here in VA on the smith river. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Wheelmobile07

7. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Niiiiice!

I got three of em a few years ago on lake michigan... the biggest being 37 inches. That big brute's on my wall with my 28 1/2 inch rainbow I got in Alaska this year, and they are both fighting over a Blue fox spinner on the wall.

Good deal!

Fry them puppies up!

8. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Nice brown trout brother! Hope you catch lots more!

9. SanteeCooperKat

SanteeCooperKat New Member

State:
    PA/SC
    Brown Trout are a hard fish to catch. Tougher than a brook or a rainbow if wild or fingerling stocked. Even though the adult stocked ones have the same level of wariness of stocked rainbows and brooks they seem to fight alot harder. I've only caught 3 all in lower sections of Rainbow trout streams where the water is warmer and muddier. Most Rainbow trout streams in the mid-atlantic states are good on the rainbows for the first ten or so miles then slack off on them and become primarly Smallmouth streams with scattered Brown Trout.

10. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    man those are really nice trout! my biggest brown was 11 pounds, and i never caught one over 6 pounds after that.

WELCOME TO THE BOC!
    -jordan

11. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    nice girls, but wheres "big Daddy". They sure look mean with a big ol' hook jaw dont they. Great catch, Dru

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    WOW! Congrats to you! Nice brownies you got there! We have them here but few and far between (if ya don't know where to look, that is):wink: