Brown Lee Reservoir help

Discussion in 'OREGON LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Wredech, May 14, 2006.

1. Wredech

Wredech New Member

State:
    Wa
    Hello, im fairly new to catfishing, and headed to the town of huntington for their catfish derby. Hoping i can follow locals to a decent hole or 2. If anyone has good info on what works well for baits there, or good spots to try i would really appreciate the help. thank you, Tyler

2. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Hey Tyler, how did it go, any luck? I've never fished around there so I couldn't be of any help to you. I have heard they had plenty of catfish available. I went up the Sandy a couple of days ago and found a few nice spots, brushpiles, and one good hole. We caught a bunch of smaller channel but no big(10lb+) fish. I think the water is just a tad cool yet.
    Don

3. Wredech

Wredech New Member

State:
    Wa
    we went over memorial day weekend. they had just filled the res approx. 25-30 feet in the last 2 weeks. fish were scattered and the bite was off. anyone looking to fish here should call farewell bend park and get water lvl's prior to going. Tyler

4. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Sorry you didn't do very well over the weekend. Did anyone catch very many? What were you using for bait? Sounds like they spoiled a great derby with that water trick. I caught a few on the Columbia at dusk. Nothing to brag about, only one on cut bait. The other three on good ol dew worms. I fished mostly around the islands in slow water, some brush, about 10-25ft deep. This rain should help us too.
    Don

5. wildman36

wildman36 New Member

State:
    oregon
    I fished the oxbow and the brownlee near the dam over the weekend and caught 17 channels between me and my dad using worms and fresh cut crappy.....the worms seem to catch alot of smaller ones....the oxbow reservoir has got some of the best small mouth fishing...we caught a bunch of them also on the trip.......
    Im from vancouver and ive been having trouble finding places to catfish nearby other than a place called felida moorage but thats still pretty slow fishing.....
    do you guys know of any places around portland-vancouver area to catch some cats?...

6. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    OK, I know you guys are catching fish. Get in here Nick & Tyler and the rest of you guys up there and spill the beans. I can't tell anyone anything...been playing with the Sturgeon. August and September are my best catfishing months here so I'll be hunting them soon. Those Penn reels of mine are tuff to beat, but hard to hit the water from here! Good Fishing!!
    Don

7. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    Hey Don,
    Any Updates you would like to share with us? I Am starving for some action but will settle for a good story...hehehe