Brothers freind caught a 45-50LB Blue Catfish

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Flamekeeper, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I was on top a roof today (10:am) my bro called me and said they were down behind the McAlpine Locks, down at the fisherman's trial using some skip jack they had caught over at the falls earlier.

As we were talking He said HOLD ON!! :eek:oooh:HOLD ON!! :eek:oooh:I GOT TO LET YOU GO!! LARRY'S GOT A MONSTER, HE NEEDS SOME HELP, I said yeah right!! then GA--LY CLICK. He hung up on me:confused2::confused2: I still thought he was yanking my chain:roll_eyes:.

30min later he called me back and said he had a blue he couldn't hardly lift:crazy::eek:oooh: Again I said yeah right, you better quit lying to me Brother. Aw No way he said this things Hugh. As I was collecting a check I told him I'd be down there in 30..

Sure enough I got down there and the boy was right He had caught a 45-50lb Blue , maybe more!! Pretty fish, I'd say it was somewhere around 44-48" long maybe 38" girth. It was indeed a Hugh Fish,, Took some pics and I turned it back to the river to fight again :wink::cool2: As soon as warren sends the pics, to me I will get them up for all to see.:big_smile:

PS,, I just had to tell somebody..Oh! At the time I was talking to Brian, (Johndeerenut)about fishing this weekend when he called, and I called him right back and told him about what he said, and again after I went down and saw the fish.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i'd like to be on the end of that rod....nothing like fishing and catching what your after....

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    sounds like they had a good time for sure,look forward to seeing the pics.It better not be a little dink like we posted before lol:wink:

4. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah i fished there saturday right in front of the lower dam in a boat first cast hit a 5 # channel cat on mooneye did"nt get any more good bites laft after a hour of fishing. were was he fishing at when he was there:crazy:

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Rick,,welcome to the Boc man ,He was fishing down where the water turns into the discharge area of the locks on the left ,,its the first inlet past the hydro...

My Bro just got the PC and I got him signed up to the BOC last weekend and he ain't got a clue how to operate one of these to good. I'll go down to his house tommorrow and get the pic up hopefully.:wink:

6. realdeal

realdeal New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ok guys, this is Kenny, at my brothers house and I'm going to post the pic's of the cat I was talking about..The pic's do not really show the size of the fish, but it was a big-en:wink:, larry the one with the fish's belly facing you is the guy who caught it, and he call's himself Larry DANCE now since his head swelled up the size of a watermellon, after catching this fish:roll_eyes::smile2:. This is a first for him, he didn't shut up for a week, he still talks about it. My bro Warren is about to lose his mind:smile2:the other man holding the fish.

Attached Files:

7. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Hey Warren welcome to the boc..That sure is a plg your buddy caught there..did he have to change his drawers after gettin big boy in???:smile2:

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the pics and welcome to the BOC Warren.

9. Titus

Titus New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, Ky
    I think that was Kenney on Warren's CP, oh well:eek:oooh:.
    Anyways great fish, Is that kinda across from the Clark Ramp? I've fished over there a few times this summer, but something always goes wrong. Last week, I had a good fish on and just before he surfaced the line snapped:crazy:. Brand new 40 lb braid on a new Berkley Glowstik, turns out one of the ceramic line guide rings was chipped making it sharp as glass:angry:. I'll be ready next time...

10. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That is an awesome fish! welcome aboard!

11. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Yeah it was me,I was showing him the how too's around the BOC, I think he has already forgot it :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:Now I got to do it all over:eek:oooh::roll_eyes: