brotherhood

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jolie, Aug 7, 2008.

1. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Its lunch and I'm waxing philosophical...

Do you feel a brotherhood with the board and how has it changed your experience here?

I've been feeling a growing devotion to the board and a feeling of friendship, particularly with those I've read a lot from and had the chance to discuss things over the board. You guys don't feel so much like strangers, and I look forward to your opinion, support and advice.

last time I went fishing; one of the first things I did as post some pictures and a short story about it. my wife says 'way bother, don't you really think anyone cares'. well I know I care and look forward to hearing from some of the members I feel that I've gotten to know.

another little thing, I've been noticing. its that I'm feeling my enraged when someone flames someone I think did nothing wrong. Its kind of like I want to write back 'Hey man, thats my brother- he's had a good accomplishment. Be nice or go AWAY:angry:'

Lastly, I look forward to fishing with you guys. thats not really very easy to do, even with the closest members in the state. I know if they asked, I would share some pretty privy information about the best places to fish. In short, they're my brother and I would give them alot more information than I would ever publically post.

anyway, its kind of an interesting feeling I've not had online before. I've always had the feeling of being a new guy at a campfire, trying to say interesting things and not to appear to dense, dumb, and/or untalented. But these days thats fading; being amoung friends I'm not worrying so much with being seen badly.

cool. (maybe a little sappy) , my question is some of your long-time members who has being on the board changed you? do you feel a strong sense of friendship with some , do you get attached to a favorite poster or members you've had long conversation with through the threads? would you pm the best tips you had with some on the board (not accounted those board members that you know from outside the board). do you feel self conscious? (if so , you're probably NOT going to answer that question):tounge_out:.

What does brotherhood mean to you?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jason thanks for a good post. Yes, you just described your new feeling of the Brotherhood. We all feel the same way.

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    good post you described how i feel as well keep up the good poste Brother:wink::big_smile::cool2:

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Jason, I have met many people here that I am glad to call brother and sister, I will name no Names in fear that I will forget someone but they know who they are. I have many Arkansas brothers and sisters. I have a couple brothers and a sister in Mississippi, I have Brother and a couple sisters in North Carolina, I hate to Name states because I will forget a state, such as Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee and Ohio, I have probably step on my, well you get the picture, because I left out a few of the states, I try to Attend alot of gatherings and have met some of the nicest people that one man could have the privilege to do so. Gatherings keep the Members of the B.O.C. a close nit family and I hope to meet new ones at the Catfish Expo March 20,21,and22 2009, and see some of the old ones!

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good post!!!!!!!!For the most part I feel the same way. Except for the occasional trouble maker.:wink:

6. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Good post!

Were all just one big happy family.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    be heading to the il gathering tomorrow. met some good folks here.:wink:

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

man alive! it just seems like there never is a thread where some doesn't toss me into!:confused2::smile2:

9. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I think I do have one advantage over many perhaps. I've been a member of a group of people who get together to fly a WWII flight simulation over the net every friday night. Been doing it since 96, so some of us go way way back. We have our own message board like this one. Been lots of love, support, and good times through the years. To me finding the BOC was kinda like coming home again. Or finding a second home unlooked for.

Anyone wants to contact me any time for any reason feel free. My email is ghosth@mcleodusa.net
    If anyone wants to call me I'm at 701-293-3537 If you call between 11-12:30 you may get growled at, as thats nap time. Same for after 11 at night. But my bark is worse than my bite.

Good post Jason Salute!

10. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Guys im only 22 and I have been on here for a couple of weeks now and I had thoughts of posting the same post as jolie did....Its a different feeling but one thats associated with an unseen commitment and just plain old fun and good times...I cant tell you how many funny jokes and quips I read on this sight some more obvious than others. We all may feel similiar and some the same BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE THING IN COMMON HERE GUYS WE ARE A BROTHERHOOD OF FISHERMAN...CATFISHERMAN!!!!

11. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Air Warrior back in those days?

12. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Good post. Pretty new here too and feel the same. Heck, when that latest lady friend introduced me to her family via her sister, since my nearest family is 10 hours away, I immediately posted here and told her she was being given the once over by my family :p

Wish I had time to read all the posts. I've tried... whew....

13. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    BigObear I have a lot of friends who flew Air Warrior. I actually started in Warbirds, then switched to Aces High.

Both written by the same guy, so lots of similaritys.

Be glad to point you to a free download if anyone is interested. First 2 weeks are free.

14. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    I'll take a link to pull it... finding time to mess around with it is another story :)

Ask your AW buds if they knew a crazy a$$ redneck named Ber82 that would put a B17 upside down beneath the bridges or set those big birds down on the carriers.

15. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    good post, sums up pretty well. As you become more involved with the BOC you will find that this is a community and family, like in all family not ever one will see eye to eye. At most parts we all support each other. Paul put together a great site and being here for as long as i have i can say that not being here nightly to here form my friends and read posts makes me feel out of sorts. I just came back form vacation and there was no internet , i was moping around at nights and my wife asked if it was because of not being on the boc. Yep. she my tease me bout it but she knows that this site is part of my life and has supported me in my guiding and tournament, When i'm fishing i will always get someone to visit the BOC.

16. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Yep! It's like you're right there with everybody and you really do get attached to talking to your buddies everyday. Not only that, I've learned a tremendous amount on here since joining back in Feb. Thanks, brothers and sisters!!:big_smile:

17. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    Great thread indeed . i have learned a lot from these fine folk ( of the BOC / SOC ) i chat too a few BOC brothers on PM or that new thing they just added , and talk too 1 on the phone .
    i'm proud to be part of this site , you can never have enough Brothers and there is plenty here ( and sisters ) .

18. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm new around here, but yet I feel more at home here then I do at the local baitshop. Everyone is so friendly and I have learned so much that I have been able to try something new the last few times I have went fishing.

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Just watch out for that ozzy fellow. Wait thats me! :crazy:

20. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    The BOC has passed many hours of my time since deploying to Iraq. I really enjoy the site/information/stories, but have also gained many friends that I contact on a regular basis. Good Fishing to all