Brotherhood of Garfishermen???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, May 31, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know sounds crazy, but last weekend while Mellon and I were getting skunked, he wondered if Paul would start a 2nd forum called the Brotherhood of Garfisherman..BOG..He has actually thought of targeting gar..No lie.

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Lol, Lol, Lol...........

3. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Bet that would be a :wink: GASS. :wink:

Will

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    That would be different I have gotten 30 so far.

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Flathunter, if I could always catch the sized Longnose you got last year, I wouldnt fish for anything else!!! But in all seriousness, I enjoy catching them on my flyrod ( Im going tonight) there fun when they are about 3 lbs or better and the bigger ones like 7-9 lbs are really a great sportfish, they make long runs, are speedy, have ferocious strike, junp and always have 1 extra burst of energy at the net and since I release all my fish, all those attribute to a great fight on lighter tackle. I do agree the tiny ones dont fight at all but as they get bigger, they really hold there own quite well. Im sure the one you caught Jack, was a worthy fighter!
    Ill post my results tomorrow
    Salmonid

6. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Why does he choose Garr? lol

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thought Id share a short Gar report with y'all, went out last night,Lower Little Miami River , waited out the thunderstorms and had 1.5 hrs of decent fishing with me picking up 4 and my buddy who had never taken them before on the fly rod picked up 2, we hooked another 5-6 and the best ones were close to 36" and 4 lbs. also caught a few small white bass as well.
    Im hoping to show Flathunter and Mellon how easy the LN Gar are to catch with my technique so they can have fun catching them while waiting for Mr. Flattie to show up:smile2:

Salmonid

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Let me warn you ! There are already forums for Gar and Bow fin. I personally checked them out. lol
    The people on them are too funny, or should I say odd. They only target one kind of fish! They think of Catfish, the same way that we think of Gar! What weirdo's lol :0a10: