Brotherhood of Catmen? or.....

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 8, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been reading alot on here about different topics etc. I really enjoy the site, and have no gripes about it... on the main forum, there are different areas to explore and get involved... my question is ...is this a site for you to be a diehard catmen? or is this a site for you to be a politician? a deep sea fisherman, an hi intensity govt. person... etc?... don't get me wrong i post in every desireable area i chose... i want to know if you are a true catfisherman, or just someone that enjoys the site!!!! rollo

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Can you tell by my avatar? One year ago today. Truman Lake, 38 degrees outside, and we were catfishing.

3. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    you should be able to tell by the pictures im gonna post. It snowed all day and we were out for nine hours and got one fish. Truth be told. I absolutely love this website. Not only can I get help on here, but get to see pics of local fish people catch, and ideas from other boc members.

Picture of stripers is from a different day, so you get my drift. I fish in the warm, cool, super hot, or bone chilling cold. Doesnt matter to me bros.

Attached Files:

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I love to fish however I love being warm LOL, maybe when my kids are a little older Ill take them out in some colder stuff but not right now. I like the whole aspect of this board. I get to talk to people that I probably would have never met and pick thier brains for good ideas on fishing. Hopefully Ill be able to connect up into some bigguns but if not Ill still have fun fishing for them:big_smile:

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I've been a die hard catman all my life! I also like the sight, Its like a second home. My avatar was because of a challenge from the Survivor Series...Catch a catfish with a stick...:wink::smile2: The sign says "I must be NUTS!!!":smile2:

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Even the mighty samurai warrior believed that you should strive to be well rounded and studied the tea ceremony, flower arrangements and numerous others in addition to military stradegy, zen budhism & as many battlefield weapons as they could. As the mighty catfish warriors that we are, its also good to be well rounded in other disciplines.

7. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I fish for just about anything that will bite, from bait like skipjack to all kinds of bass, to my favorite catfishing. Kind of a jack of all fishing, but like I said my favorite is catfishing. Over the last couple of weeks I have fished in some cold weather low 20s with the eyelets freezing up, of course that day I was white bass fishing and caught a good amount. I do enjoy the site and even have met some of the people on the site in person.

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Brother I eat, sleep, and well...you know...catfishing. Thats all I have to say, and if one more person calls me today to brag about the fish they are catching while I am at work i will lose it!:eek:oooh:

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, t-bull...lol.. i will try to get pic. lol.. my buddy i lake fish wish, busted a 32 pound flat the night before last...he called me and explained:smile2: rollo

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Everything I do, I do at full tilt. 3 years ago I played golf every day of the week from March thru October and early November plus a Thankgiving outing and a Valentines day outing (Once in 6 inches of snow [7 iron 90 yards])

I haven't touched a club but once in the last 2 years.

I fish for 2 types of fish, catfish.... and bait!

That said I enjoy many facets of this site with other people with a commonality in the love of the outdoors.

As another said I try to be well rounded.

I work hard and try to play harder.

11. joadb

joadb New Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    i think i am a better fisherman,and hopefully ive helped a few others because of this site.i dont know many catfishermen and of the few i know theres only a few of them that i consider well rounded.this site is full of people who are well rounded and great anglers-and they have helped me.the other topics and discusions that are found on the site only help make this site the best on the web,in my opinion.last year i went through some difficult times and i leaned on friends and family for support.the people of this site also were there to lend kind words and personal storys.i have to admit i was blown away by the number of people here who cared to listen.i will never forget that.im glad to be a brother here!!!

12. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    one thing about brother of catfisherman is family all about family. i know there is community and unity both among this club. something go0d even blessed the way people care here. very nice to have that. all topics here on the cat fishing is very excellent one people are in the know about cat fishing or they will refer to some one here who is in the know about catfishing. also enough other subject to keep brother of catfisherman very refreshing rick :)

13. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Alright. Ya caught me.

I LOVE to fish. I prefer crappie fishing. However, I enjoy going after the whisker fish too. I've never caught anything that required 90# test line, probably never will even try.
    I like the little channels that make nice filets. I do not CPR them unless they are too little to get a good nugget out of em.
    IF I ever caught me a big ole flathead or a big ole Blue and managed to get it to the boat on my 4 to maybe 10# testline, I'd take a picture and turn his butt loose. I would have NO clue how to clean that thing, nor the inclination to do all that work.

The site.. well I enjoy fishing.. learn a lot from you guys. AND.. I like to shoot the bull.

So there :tounge_out:

14. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    If we didn't talk ne thing else but fishing there would be tons of lies & u wouldnt want to stay long to read them all!!!!!!:smile2::smile2: Therefore all the other topics

15. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    bs ing and bsing bout fishing.best of two worlds who could ask for more.and yes i fish 6 days a week cept in the colder months but i still get out when temps.reach the 50s.

16. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I cant remember any discussion about shooting bulls,lots of deer but no bulls.HMMMMMN exactly what caliber rifle we talking about here?????:big_smile::smile2:When I first joined I was annoyed somewhat at what I perceived to be the dilution of the catfish purist spirit!!:wink:All those other topics seemed to be unnecessary.Nobody is a more dedicated catfisherman than I am.In fact I eliminated all the other fish first,bass,trout,stripers,surf,etc etc.Friends of mine and me actually used to fish for trout in Colo where we had to break the ice on the S.Platte River so we could get into the water and flyfish.Every third cast we would have to chew the ice out of the guides.As time went by I prided myself that all of my posts were directly related to fishing,but I fully recognized that wiser heads than mine were leading the BOC.For many, the actual opportunity to fish might be hard to come by,as we grew older the capability might have diminnished.None the less the BOC provided a place where we can "Fish" by sharing the experiences of others and be part of something in which we all can contribute whatever we have.I dont imagine PEEWEE gets to fish much anymore but I have learned a ton from him and just enjoy his posts.There is great satisfaction in offering a tip or advice to someone and later seeing them post a good picture of a nice fish.Sure there are a lot of subjects on here from NASCAR to the COLTS but underneath all that casual conversation, and the fact that some folks are just wintered in,there lies the souls of the dedicated catmen and women.Remember the 3 stages of a fisherman or hunter,Harvester,Trophy Hunter,Conservationist.Same thing with BOC membership,a lot has to do with the aging process:wink::smile2:Fanatics are hardly any fun to be around anyway!!!!:smile2::big_smile:I'm still warm and fuzzy all over from thinking about Catherine Deneuve which came from PHILS thread about beautiful actresses.Actually I would be interested in the female perspective of handsome actors but I have to put new line on a couple of reels.!!!!:crazy::big_smile::smile2::wink:

17. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Although I haven't been on the site very long, I have been treated like a brother and hope that I have treated others the same way. I think this site is a very important and valuable site. We all have an opportunity through sharing, to open up our hobby or "obsession" by helping others. With that said, I also believe there can be a time and place for other discussions. i.e., political decision made by our elected offical that may either affect us and our hobby directly or some other outdoor hobby. If a strong anti-hunting or trapping action is put before us, I would hope we would ban together as a brotherhood of catfisherman (OUTDOORSMEN) and help fight against it.

But there are time when I think that something of a personal nature might best be handled through individual PMs between one or more persons.

Above all else we must recognize each persons individual rights and opinions even if they differ from our own ... as long as those rights and opinions don't impinge upon the rights of others.

Lord .... I sold like a politican ......:embarassed:

18. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Tbull how was your day at work:wink:hehehe

19. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I seldom read or reply to topics that don't involve catfishing. However, having a place where a group can get together and discuss things other things in life away from the water just makes a stronger site with more active people.

Everyone still has the same basic background-catfish. But you can only talk about that so long until it leads to other things.

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    this i what i like... i try to post informative posts mostly.. i want to help those that are starting their pursuit!!! however, i enjoy the simple posts of others, and the explantion why they think this is resourceable...rollo:big_smile: