Brother Karl does it again!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Yesterday, Karl had the day off so he went fishing for cats. He worked 7 to 12 feet of water and caught two nice ones (a 24 pound flathead and a 30 pound blue) and several eating size cats.

Today (1-09-08) Karl went back to the same place and fished the same depths as yesterday and caught a 34 pound blue (photo attached) and several more eating size.

He informed me that the fish he caught yesterday and today were caught after high noon. I told you'll yesterday that the morning bite was not there and brother Karl has offered proof to that statement.

There are two good things that I gleaned from of all this is , Karl did a good job finding and catching the fish and that he is working Saturday and thus, can not fish the NCCATS. He did tell me where he caught his trophies and I promised him I would not tell anybody the location, ISYN. :wink:

PS, fish was released alive at my dock.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    very nice catch, watch out for those ppl who dont like vice grips for a lip grip:smile2::smile2:

3. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mac,
    Congrats to you and Karl . Great looking fish, thanks for the CPR. I think I might like fishing by your dock , with all the big cats that get turned loose there. I always like reading your post they are always great and very helpful. One of thease day I am going to look at a map and see where Lake Nor. is. Thanks for the post and the great photos.

4. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Nice fish Mac!
    Way back in the creek again or just 7-12 feet near deep water?

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    ol no! the swag system is pointing towards high noon sounds like. that 11-2 bite that worked at tillery last year might come into play at norman saturday. planets are getting lined up.ISYN:wink: congrates karl on the fine catches.

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Prime Time, where do you get all this high tech stuff from? You better not be star gazing Saturday or turfman might not invite you to fish another tourny with him. Your best approach will probably be to apply the KISS system along with the SWAG and this should allow you to make a decent showing at the scales or you and turfman can follow me and take your chances.

I am waiting for the wind report from the weatherman for Saturday, eventho he/she has not gotten it right for several months now! Something has to blow this front out that is here or nearly here, know what I mean. The wind direction and speed of wind may or may not be our friend.

As of right now, I have 13 rigs ready if I anchor and 9 rigs for drifting. The forty one pound anchor for the front of the boat is ready along with the flat 25 pounder for the rear. Batteries are charged for the Minn Kota if it is needed. I have 20+ sites setup in my mind if I anchor and four or five if I drift. If I have a brain fart between now and tournament time, I'm in trouble.

The major thing troubling me is how do I get my nap in and my spot of tea during tournament hours, that is my concern as of right now. Us old timers are set in our ways and it is not good to mess with out routine, it makes us grouchy and we would not want that to happen.

Oh, almost forgot, today at 2:20 PM I go to see my URO/ONC for my nine month cancer checkup, I'm sure it will be okay, but you never know with those sneakie little cells. If everything is okay, great! If not, we will do what we have to do!

7. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    WTG Karl nice hunting. Mac good luck Sat. and best wishes today on the checkup!!!!

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    First of all, good luck at the doc today. I will sneak a prayer in there for ya before breakfast. :wink:

You are a good man to NOT tell where he caught them. You can always trust LakeNormanBlues to keep a secret. Glad to hear you are fishing the tournament Saturday. I hope my boat can keep up with yours. What does the rules say about minimum distance you can fish from another boat??? :tounge_out:

9. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Very nice catch. Hope you catch alot more.

10. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Bro. WylieCat, rules state that you have to keep a distance of 150'. But, you know what? It never fails that when someone catches some nice fish in one spot, they are gone within days to another spot. I have seen it happen so many times! I might head out to Karl's honeyhole and I might not. Heck, by Saturday I might not even remember where the heck he said the honeyhole was, how about them apples. :wink:

11. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Nice fish bro congrats on the catch:wink::big_smile:

12. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    It's more the pattern than the spot, you probably said too much but I thank you for it just the same.