Brother-in-laws Bad luck

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by perrycounty.in, Sep 23, 2009.

1. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This morning my brother in law called me up all excited about his brand new abu 7000i he JUST BOUGHT. So I told him to come on over and we'll line it up and hit the river for a few hours if he wanted. Let me tell you he was excited but all that changed in a hurry. We started drifting 10 mins in we had 2 fish then i got hung up and so did he, i believe on the same sunk tree. We circled around and tried to break them free will no luck i told him to get the paddle out of the rod locker to break the lines free. Then it happened . The rod locker lid flew open and my 2 bait rods and my brothers 209 flew in the river. :angry:We both lunged at them and i miss but he didn't he grabbed all three as they where sinkin out of site.:big_smile: As i turned around to my rod and his BRAND NEW " 10 mins old" Abu 7000i I saw just my rod. :crazy: His took a trip to the bottom of the river
    I marked the spot on my gps where my rod was hung and then we tried with no luck to snag his I guess ill spend some time trying to snag it tomarrow. Wish me luck.

btw he really got upset when i told him finders keepers :big_smile:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Wow if not for bad luck there would not be any luck at all there. Wish you the best an hope you snag it back.

3. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    dang that sucks

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009
  4. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good luck on getting it back.. How deep is the water there ?

5. perrycounty.in

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks

43' was the depth

6. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    sorry bout your bad luck arron but that is what happens when you fish with a cards fan--need to fish with a cubbies fan

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lost a lantern off of the top of a hard top on the pontoon. Got this bright idea to get it back with the throw net. Wound up catching quantum big iron on a berkley series one rod and throwing it in. It was in 25' of water, 4 1/2 hours later got them both back. Takes a lot of time and patients. At the time I hadnt caught a fish. after I got them back I decided I wasnt leaving till we caught a fish. Moved dropped the anchor and bam a double. It was time to go home my luck couldnt possably get any better. However on the other hand I had a throw net come off of my hand in 8' of open water marked it and drug it forever and never did hook anything.

8. perrycounty.in

State:
    Indiana
    I told him one good thing is that it was hung and hung good so it should still be there.

I bet he free spools next time he gets hung and puts his rod down :wink:

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There's really nothing better to add to that. Good luck man. I know the feeling-losing your stuff to ol man neptune.... it sucks!

10. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    oh man that is so heart breaking.....tell you what ill give up ten of my spots around here if you just give me that one spot....but it has to be now that u tell me :smile2:

11. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey as of last night who is one game away from clinching the division while the other is one game away from guaranteeing that the century old streak continues? oh yeah thats right....:smile2:

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    it's the spot with the sunken tree in it. lol

13. perrycounty.in

State:
    Indiana

Way to go Bill now everyone knows :angry:

14. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: what you not a reds fan

15. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    is all about the wagon brother!!!

16. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I flat out hate the reds! i grew up in southern illinois. And my family bleeds cardinal red. So i grew up a cadinal fan. and when i moved up here i was an outcast cuz i stuck with the red birds....Its the same way with college basketball. Im a Kentucky Wildcat fan and bleed blue. Not a very good thing in a hick town with nothing but IU fans :confused2:

17. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    Man that sucks. Good luck on snagging it back. Almost had it happen a few times but somehow always managed to catch them. The closest call I dove in right after I dropped it and somehow I got it before it got too deep. It prolly would have been cheaper to buy a new rod and reel after I forgot about the cell phone in my pocket.

18. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    See guys... It just aint me!!!! Cause i wasnt even there!!!:smile2:

19. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    That is a lesson learned the hard way. Bummer deal, sorry to hear it.

20. perrycounty.in

State:
    Indiana
    You may not have been there shane but right before it happened i looked up and seen a dark cloud coming and for some reason i thought of you and pepper then it happened. I forgot to add that in the first post. :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: