Brookville's Indiana Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Brushy Bill Roberts, May 31, 2006.

1. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    Come on guys, its dangerously close to June.
    Lets get some input for a date.
    I vote for the 10th.
    ( although it really doesn't matter to me as long as we get one set )
    The solunar tables say the 9th is best, the 10th is good,
    and the 11th is best.
    these are the best ratings of any weekend of the month.
    ( if you believe in that sort of thing )
    LET'S GO FISHING!!!

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I am with you brushy. The sooner the better . I might have to make 2 trips 1 on the 10 and another when everyone else is there. I plan on thaking the boat. If the catfishlemonmobile will run that long. :smile2: :doubt: :0a32: :0a36: I start a new job tomorrow. Not sure of hours yet. So PM when things get set. thanks Lenny

3. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Any time guys except the 10th. If u want to fish a tournament here that night let me know. This Brookville thing has seemed to have died out but if its just a few of us that will work also. I am off on the 23 so I will have a 3 day weekend. I pretty much lost my tournament partner except for the main series that I'm fishing because hes in the process of building a house. So im not fishing as many tour. as I had planned. I havent been up in about 2 weeks. Let me know we will catch more fish than last time. Lets do this!! Shane

4. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    The weekend of the 23rd is OK with me. I plan on spending at least friday night there and more than likely, saturday night also.
    I will have my canoe. If possible, send me some gps cords. for the place where we will be fishing. I have to drive from Spencer Indiana friday eve. and put in and paddle to you guys.
    Thanks for taking tie time to help us get this together, I have never fished this lake, everyone I have mentioned it to says it is the nicest lake in the state.

5. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    I could go on the 23rd. I know I will be fishing some where that night.

6. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The 23 and 24th are great for me someone just let me know for sure. I need a count of heads that will be there so I figure out where we want to go also the more boats the better and no boats are fine as well. we need to decide when we want to start. Of course you can show up at any time. Still havent been up in about 3 weeks. Going to go tomarrow. Then fish tournament on Saturday there as well. I will start fishing it about 3-4 days a week again now that baseball regionals are over. We will catch fish!! Ryjoe is running this thing though, so I will let him put it all together and I will put you on fishl.

7. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I will try to be there.
    Steve

8. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The tournament on the 10th has come and gone. It took 37 pounds in 5 fish to win, not me. Big fish was just shy of 13#s. I had been out weds. and thursday and did really well, Water temp was 74 degrees Thursday, dropped down to 70 on saturday. Problably the worst night I have had in quite a while. I had 5 fish that weighed a wopping 13 pounds. Also it took me all night to get the five that we caught. There where several males caught that had the nots from the spawn starting, there where several caught that had head and backs all cut up from wallering in the junk from the spawn. Females are full of eggs and look like they will pop at any time. I cleaned a few small ones from thursday that where full of eggs that I caught drifting off of a flat on a main lake point. All together weds we caught 12 in about an hour and a half , and then 16 on thursday the small ones where about 3 pounds the biggest one that I caught was 9 pounds. My buddy lost one at the boat that was about 12 or 13#s. I broke all of my own rules on saturday though running to the north end of the lake to fish the mud. Yet when I got there there was no mud. The creeks where up and flowing at 101 on the north end of the lake, but by the time that the creek got to the lake there was no mud. There was a little current but it was not holding any fish. Hopefully we can get this thing together 4 the 23 and 24.