Brookville

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Flootie16, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Are the cats, crappie or other fish biting on that lake right now? Im wanting to go out there saturday for some cat and crappie fishing. but if other fish are biting, dont think i wont give them the time of day to show me what they got. any info will be appreciated thanks ahead of time

2. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fish the river chanel up around millers hump in 30-35 foot of water. make sure you use fresh bait caught localy. As a heads up, I think there is a Cathfish masters tournament there on Saterday.
    Steve

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thanks for the info there i am seriously thinking of heading up there but if there is a tourney there than that part of the lake might be fished hard so i might be better off waiting a week. or say screw it and do what a few others tried to get me to do and just fish the tournament

4. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    i dont think you are going to have to deal with a whole lot of boats in that tourney

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thanks jake for the info. i am actually now thinking of hitting some creeks off of the ohio with the ole man this weekend instead to catch some crappie. he is thinking with this cooler weather that they might be on. and i wanna catch some big slabs for the freezer, and if that doesnt work then ill just wish i went to brookville lol

6. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The scoop I'm hearing is that the crappie are biting pretty good. We're going to give it a try tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

7. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thanks id appreciate it. my dad asked me not to go this weekend so we could go next weekend or the weekend after. so im going to wait til then.

8. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well, we went out Saturday afternoon chasing crappy. Didn't have much luck, fished about 4 hours and got 7. We were using live minnows and jigs but didn't seem to matter. We fished the north end, near Quakertown. I managed to pick up a nice cat on a minnow, so we switched over to fishing for them for the rest of the afternoon. Managed to pick up about 6-7 nice eaters before we called it a day. My fishing buddy is going to try and run down the crappie this week, if he has any luck I'll post it.

Nonetheless it was a beautiful day, no matter what.