Brookville

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tbischof, Aug 7, 2006.

1. tbischof

tbischof New Member

State:
    Indiana
    New to the boards and fairly new to Indiana.

Not to far from Brookvile and Summit(live in Greenfield) and I have heard it said that Brookville is a good cat lake.

Question is are there any good bank fishing area's around Brookville. Someone mentioned to me that it was not very bank friendly?

Also any info on Summit and Catfishing there is also appreciated

Thanks

2. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Brookville there are allot of bank fishing spots but only a few that are good. Now in the spring there are good bank fishing spots all over the lake. Brookville it is hard because most of the fish in the summer are on the main lake. Plenty of Bait for them out there. Summit is also hard to bank fish because of all the grass. There are some real nice cats in there however.

3. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Welcome aboard, tons of great information here and lots of super nice guys, as far as brookville goes I have heard that it is a great catfish lake as well but In my opinion its not very bank friendly but your best bet for finding info on the lake is go to the search feature on this site and type brookville lake and you will get a number of good threads with some good information also also check with skippie2use as he seems to be the expert on this lake and can probably put you onto some fish there hope this helps

4. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Prairie Creek is also a good lake. There are some really nice cats in there as well. Geist is also terrific but there are NO places to bankfish there.

5. tbischof

tbischof New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the start

Appreciate it

6. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome Tim glad to have you here. Most of our lakes are not bank friendly as they are relatively shallow cose to shore. River and creeks are good bets. Most of the state lakes have boat rentals that are resonable as far as I know. Iam sure that you will get some better advice as your post gets known and read. Pmail me and maybe I can help you more.

7. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    welcome to the boc, great site and people, enjoy.

8. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fairfield boat ramp can be good after the boat traffic is gone at night. Fairfiel causeway on the west side. Fish the north side of the pillars and the west side of the pillars. Fairfield marina can be good as well. There are several other places but they are all good hike and rough as well. Hannah creek boat ramp can be good also. Fish the southside of the ramp. Bonwell is problably the best bet of all though. you have deep water all a round and back in the cove wich is a walk down the hill but not bad. There is shallow water back there. If the water is up all the creek mouths are good. Sorry didnt give you a better answer eirlier.

9. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Get ahold of me and we will bank fish it together. Not as good as in a boat but we will catch some.

10. tbischof

tbischof New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for all the helpful info.

Thanks for the offer Skippie2use not sure when I may get that way but I really appreciate the offer.

At the moment trying to gather information more then anything with all the violence in Indianapolis the White downtown hardly feels safe to be out at night anymore. Some of those shootings were down on Michigan not far from Westside Tackle. In fact had to go detour around the invetigation site when I was going to Westside Tackle on Saturday morning.

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Tim if you are lose to Indy PM me maybe we could go south of Indy and fish the white river.

12. tbischof

tbischof New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Only about 20 minutes out from Indy on the East side

13. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i didnt know all these murders happened till today when i watched the news.. but i haved fished the white river right there in front of westside bait and tackle up to 16th street..... Its not enough to keep me from fishing it but im glad you gave a heads up.... Maybe we can fish it sometime.... By the way welcome to the BOC.. its a great place to be..

14. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tim, Leonard is a good guy and can fish.... we met up and fished the dam a 16th st.. right there on white river pkway.. north of westside... we could all meet up and fish south of indy.. thats where i live... Mooresville area... i know of a few spots... just pm if you are intrested.....

15. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Thanks Shane. I had a good time. Anytime you want to go fishing let me know. I would really like to try some of the spots we talked about.

16. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC ,I'm not to far from Brookville Lake and I like to lake but yes the most of the banks are too high or steep to fish in safety. But I hope you do try the fishing cause there are some really nice ones there whether it be cats or all the other fish spescies . Good luck

17. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome Greg, glad to have you on the board. You will like it here.

18. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Any time anyone wants to fish it just let me know.

19. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Hey Skippie,
    My brother and several others are fishing the aquarium by Scottsburg on the August 25th weekend. They pulled several 60lb+ blues out of there over the past two weeks. Hope you can make it, if you can get away from the river that is! lol! Ask Steve if he's interested. It's always a good time.

20. catfish46

catfish46 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am also new. This is my first attempt at a reply.
    I grew up in Everton which is about 4 miles west of Egypt Hollow boat ramp about mid lake. Still live there. I fished the east fork of the Whitewater River for cats before it was ever planned to be impounded as a major resevoir. Have been fishing the lake ever since it was impounded. I am 62 years young. I primarily fish from a boat and fish the main lake at night. However there are times when I have a hankerin to bank fish like the old river fishin days. You know, build a fire, stick a forked stikck in the ground and kick back. When I do this I like the area north & south of the Quakertown Beech. The area is well maintained by the state & easily accessable. Bank fishing is fairly light. I like the south end down by the islands best. Between the the bank and the largest island point there is an old gravel pit where you can easily cast into 15 to 20 feet of water. On the north side go to the corner where the causeway starts. There is an old roadway and creek channel and you can cast into 10 to 15 feet of water. Fairly easy to pick up a limit of 2 to 3 pound channels. Hang on though ten pound or better blues are not uncommon on the south end. My favorite bait is 2 to 3 inch chubs from the creek on my property. Hope this info is of help and good fishing