Brookville water level

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by beetle, Oct 14, 2009.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Any one local that can help me out a little. Is the lake still at normal summer level? When do they lower the water level for winter?

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I've never fished there Roger. I know we have been getting alot of rain in my area an the lake here seems to be holding right at if not slightly less water. With fall comes the water level drops an I'm sorta looking forward to it this year.

3. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    over there in a while but You can get on the army corps. site and find out if not I may run over and check it out later.

4. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Brookville is still at 748.1 as of 7am that is right at summer pool and they are moving 47 cfm. Which means the dam is basically shut down. They should start dropping it sometime soon. Hope this helps. You can check it at any time on the army corps of eng. web site.

5. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Shane, I did not know if they lowered the water level on a certain date each year or just when ever. I made a trip over there early this spring before the the lake was back up (I didn't know then they lowered the water level in the winter months) and could not launch my boat at a couple of ramps I looked at. I did not want to have to drive all around the lake looking for a ramp to launch from. I will look at the site you mentioned before heading over there.

6. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    start doing more fishing over there around the time that our shotgun season comes in, they generally get very predictable. Still have some tough days but dont spread out as much. Start catching them in bunches once you find them. I almost always either use bonwell, fairfield, or quakertown. U can use them all year round.