Brookville walleyes on minnows

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bnt55, Oct 8, 2009.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Well I am heading out tomorrow come he** or highwater and I am going after some walleyes! I went to the creek today and trapped a bunch of minnows and caught about 10 4-6" chubs. I am planning on just dropping them down on a jighead if I see any fish on sonar. Has anyone had any luck with minnows and chubs for walleye on Brookville? If I catch anything I will post it up...wish me luck!

Bill

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i cant see you NOT catching some eyes at brookville! they are loaded in there bro, best of luck to ya.

3. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    If you don't get any walleyes I bet the Channels are hitting with all the rain.

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bill if my car wasnt broken and i had the money id so be there with you hell or high water

5. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY

you dont need no money to fish with me bro! I can pick you up if you are relatively close to 275 on my way up to the lake. I am planning on leaving crazy early in the morning cause I have to be back to the house at 1 pm in the afternoon. let me know!

Bill

6. jackdog35

jackdog35 New Member

State:
    IN.
    Well dont know if the walleye are biting but sunday the catfish were and from know till to atleast Dec. they should bite pretty good.So better bring a rod or two to try

7. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I hate Brookville lake. Just a tough day on the water, wind was up, rain was down, fish were asleep.

8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    all of those factors were the reasons why i didnt call u. i didnt wanna get wet for one. and two dont know how to fish the lake for walleye....couldve put us on some channels tho....

9. jackdog35

jackdog35 New Member

State:
    IN.
    Well here lately its been like that. I just spent 2 1/2 hours trying to catch shad to go to the river in the morning and only managed to find 2 gizzard shad and a dozen teaspoon shad last week they were everywhere oh well get up and go to lake insted in the morning since i live 15 min. away and hope the catfish are feeding

10. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    brookville lake?

11. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yes u detade :smile2:

12. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    u shouldve went today bill....prolly wouldve been better for ya

13. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    yeah probably. I only had yesterday to go though, and I didnt make it back to the house in time so my wife hit the roof which is always a good time.:roll_eyes: I drifted live minnows around the shallow flat area and some points, I probably had 5 or 6 hits where the minnows where either chopped in half or cut up from their teeth but they didnt quite make it to the hook. I need to get a stinger hook rig to make sure they are biting a hook instead of just the bait next time. I was thinking about trying for cats after I had been there awhile but I didnt know where to go and the weather was pretty bad. Truthfully I am not sure there was anything biting yesterday during the storms because I talked to another guy on the lake and he didnt catch anything either...sometimes fishing in the rain is great other times not so much. I will still hit the lake again, just not sure when, the only reason I went their was to catch a couple walleyes for my wife to eat because she likes them so much. I think I am going to put the boat up for awhile and start bow hunting after yesterdays skunker.

BTW Flootie nice avatar, that'll bring the girls running...:eek:oooh:

14. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Sorry about your trip bro. All part of game. The bow sounds like a good choice now...relax and regroup :cool2:

15. jackdog35

jackdog35 New Member

State:
    IN.
    Went out this morning and shad real easy so went to the first spot sit about 15min. caught 1 then a guy was having trouble with his motor on his sailboat so I towed him to hannas creek then went back to the same area and caught 10 more moved to try deeper water that was a mastake just found little one biggest one was about 8lbs .Right now they seem to be in 30 to 38 feet of water try 50ft a few dinks

16. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    were talking cats here right? how are you fishing the shad...live, cut..etc.? Do you anchor and cast out and sit? Some details would be nice, I know the surface temp on Friday was 66 degrees so I guess they are going deeper.

17. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bill if i had the time and money and id go and catch some fish with you on brookville. ive talked to a few guys who told me how to catch some walleye on that lake right now. and if they dont cooperate ill help you fill up your livewell with channels

18. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Apperently you need to stick with the arobics. Im sure you made allot of money with that all the time you spent on tv. and in the closet.

19. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    LOL!!:smile2::smile2:

20. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    shane i catch fish wherever i go....i thought u have learned that by now. even without the big fancy fish finder that we cant pry from ur face i still catch em. :smile2: