Brookville Reservoir

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by whiskerchick, Aug 7, 2009.

1. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone have ideas for bank fishing at Brookville? I may go up there Saturday night and was interested in some locations where I would be okay fishing until the wee hours of the morning. I've only been to Brookville once before, are there many public spots that are accessible and where I'd have a chance of catching some catfish?

I may have a fishing buddy or I may not, being a woman I'm always kind of leery when I go by myself. I'm sure the sisters on the board know especially what I'm talking about.

Thanks!
    Linda

2. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fairfield marina is generally a decent spot, it is well lit. very little traffic and you have the boat shuttle guy there all night. There a good point there deep water and generally plenty of bait in there. If your coming for sure and we may be able to get a couple of us together to go seeing as to how I tore up my lower unit. Wont be fixing it till next week. Let me know and we will go get bait early.

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Theres plenty of guys around here that fish Brookville... no reason to go alone. lots of 'em even have boats:wink:

4. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Awww, thanks you guys I really really appreciate it! I'd rather fish with someone else but sometimes I get tired of, what feels like, waiting for someone to take me. It would be nice to have some good spots checked out where I can go even if my friend bailed out, and nicer to be able to shout out to some locals and we could meet up!

Skippi, my buddy is looking for a lower unit for his boat too, bummer! He's trying to find a Johnson or Evinrude for a 50hp vro Evinrude.

I've got to work tomorrow until 4pm...unless I can sneak out a little early. I drive a bluish/purple Toyota Tacoma. Will let you know if I'm able to go for sure and thanks for the tip on the Marina...that is the first place I'll go.

Thank you all again, it's much appreciated.
    Linda

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    you folks lookin' for lower units oughta give Indy Boat Salvage a call.:wink:

6. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I called them they are extremely high. I can almost by a new unit cheaper than I can by one that I dont even know is good off them. 750$ plus exchange. Thanks for the tip though DR.

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    wow,thats pretty steep!

good luck at brookville Linda.