Brookville lake???

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kyleco55, Sep 3, 2008.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Anyone doing any good at brookville this year???:confused2: Theres an older couple that I am friends with, that have been fishing around Mounds, for YEARS.. 30 or better I'd guess:eek:oooh:......Talking to them throughout the summer, they have come up dry EVERY time.. "just a few bait stealers".. Unfortunately, I havent had the chace to fish there yet this year.. I just recently moved about 15 minutes from the lae, so hopefully I'll have plenty of chances soon:cool2:... Just wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this proble on the lake this year??? Is it just the spot?? Not alot of cats left?? or are the "bait stealers" just too over populated for the cats to get a chance to bite??:confused2: I cant imagine that being the case... Cats are usually attracted to largely populated blue gill areas???

2. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Kyle, I know you posted this a while back, but I just seen it. A buddy and I fish Brookville all the time, in fact we're going out tonight. We usually do a real slow troll in 9-12' of water and we use little bluegill fillets as bait. We just scale and fillet small ones, and then run them on pretty big circle hooks. Those fillets are tough for bait stealers to get off the hook. We've been catching our limit most nights, they're running about 3 to 5 pounds, nothing huge. If your bank fishing, I can't help you too much there.

3. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Drifting/Trolling is the way to do it on Brookville. A friend of mine that fishes it often took me out there and we caught our limit in a few hours. Like you said biggun, most between 3 and 5 lbs. We used scaled shad fillets on circles.

Good luck!

4. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We had a kind of slow night last night, got on the lake about 6:30 and started out using our normal bluegill fillets. Didn't get a bite in the first hour, other than the normal bounces from the little guys, to small to take a hook. That is part of the reason I run big circles, keeps the little guys out of your hair. Just before dark we netted some shad, and tried them, my buddy caught a couple on them, but then I caught some on bluegill too. We got off the lake about midnight, had a total of 13 between us, averaged a little on the smaller side, had one about 5 lbs. other than that mostly around 2lb.

5. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    hey thanks biggen... i am stuck bank fishing, cant afford a boat... but i do appreciate the advice. ill have to try it out if i can ever get ahold of a boat...