Brookville lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by skippi2use, Jan 5, 2009.

1. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Catfishing on brookville lake has been exceptional here the last couple of weeks. we have caught several fish in the 10# range, but allot of fish between 3-6 and also allot under 3. We have been catching most fish between 30 and 90 feet deep. bite has also not been lite. Friday was the first slow day. But they finished dropping the lake back down to winter pool. We have been fishing between about 4pm and 7pm. We have been catching gizzard shad about 20-30 feet deep. The smaller shad we have been finding in about 6-10 feet of water. Have to use the depth finder because where not seeing them on the surface.

2. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    What ramps are open this time of year? Has there been any ice yet on it?

3. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Randy
    Use Bonwell. Fairfield, or Quakertown. The others that are open are pretty shallow.
    Steve

4. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Randy the ice comes and goes on the north end and in the back of the creeks Their has been no major ice yet. Hopefully we wont get a full ice out this year.

5. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Thank guys for the info.Hope to get over there soon.

6. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    I was at the farifield ramp this past weekend and you wouldnt have any problems launching there right now. A friend of mine was on the lake last weekend as well and caught 16 channels but nothing to really brag about but i guess at least there biteing. He said the bites were real lite and missed three times as many as he caught.

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Friday the bite was light for us as well but the lake had been up and just finished dropping it back down to winter pool. Do you have any idea how deep he was fishing. I havent been doing very well in less than 30 feet. A friend of mine has been fishing shallow water from the bank has doing ok but doing much better deep on the channels, especially the river channel.

8. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    He was just north of the egypt hollow ramp in the channel in 35-40ft of water. He also said he had some luck just noth of the fairfield causeway just off the flats in the same depth of water. Cut shad and night crawlers worked real well for him.

9. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    any blue or shovelheads there

10. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    So is anyone still Fishing Brookville? If so hows the fishing now?

11. jackdog35

jackdog35 New Member

State:
    IN.
    I went over there today and fished the only open water at Quakertown marina and didnt even get a bite. The lake is frozen

12. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Plenty of flatheads especialy in the north end of the lake. Ive never caught any blues there but have never really fished for them. Ive just mainly focused on the channels and flathead. Ive heard people say they've caught blues but Ive never seen them with my own eyes.

13. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Ole skippie2use has caught some nice blues in Brookville, haven't you skippie?!:smile2:

14. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Where can a person bank fish at Brookville lake? Thanks in advance!

15. jginn

jginn New Member

State:
    Indiana
    went yesterday and they are bitn the season is on:cool2:

16. jginn

jginn New Member

State:
    Indiana
    the bridge before quakertown theyr hitn on cut bait iwas there yesterday and going back today.:cool2:

17. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    havent been over there in a while because of the ICE and also my lower unit is in pieces. As was mentioned there is some good banke fishing under quaker town causway. Also in the mounds state rec. area. Should be dynamite though as the lake should becomeing up fast and bringing those fish out of the deep water. They should be gourging themselves on the shad that have been frozen in the ice. I may just go over and bank fish today. NOT LIKELY!And yes there are some monster flats and blue in there.

18. jginn

jginn New Member

State:
    Indiana
    went to the bridge just before quakertown again today, had alot of bites on cut bait and brought home one 3.5 pound channel.

19. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In

thanks for the report!! now the rest of us need to be getting out there.. i was pretty excited about fishing this winter, but been so busy i still havent hit the water.. im ready though.. any day now..........

20. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Jeramiah!!!! Thanks for the report.. Now if the weather would just stay in the 60's from here on out..