Brookville Lake Part 2

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jadkins, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    I beleave its time to start a new page

Well Its the First day of March 09 lets see how this year will end up....
    I might go out later on today..........

2. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Went out tonight around 5 and fished till 9 had many of bits but no fish cought lunched at fairfilled cause the north in was frozen alil bit didnt try to catch any shade had some frozen and did mark many on the fish finder

Well better luck next tme maybe will give it a shot again this week end :tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out:

3. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Well i got in at 3:30 this moring went out around 7:00 yearterday evening And found alot of shad in the shollower water around 10 feet deep 10 to 15 of bank We Caught alot of fish brougt home 10 nice ones around 3lbs avg was catching them in 16 ft of water on shand flet

4. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Skippi Got the Story Report i got the pics

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    keep the reports coming along with some pics! isnt that water more known for the eyes than cats? i never been there just know what i hear or read.

6. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    here the pics

Attached Files:

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Justin and I went out monday night caught our limit of twenty. Stayed after midnight and then proceeded to catch another limit by 3 am. Biggest fish was about 10#s Witch was realeased to be caught another day caught another 10 fish in 4-6#s and a bunch of small fish. Fish were all caught in less than 10 feet of water and many where caught in inches. Water temp was 52deg. Bite is still a bit slow but is biginning to pick up. About time to start drifting. Freezer is now full after the last 2 trips so now we can now go back to looking for bigger fish. Justin my boat is done and IM now going to pick it up nothing wrong with it except I got it full of sand last friday trying to put in at the mounds. Shad are so lick in shallow water that you can just about walk on them. Last trip to brookville for me for 2 weeks. Good luck guys.

8. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for posting the pics for me justin as I am computer illiterate.

9. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I

Well Thanks skippi I had mine checked out today was told my carbs need rebulit so now i get to go out and take them off think i might go out again to night :confused2:

10. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Nice mess of cats guys. Guess i need to get over to the lake soon.

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    oh yeah those are some perfect eaters there, nice going guys!

12. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You will have to come down and help us thin these smaller fish out randy.

13. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Shane will do.A few of those looked like a bluecat.Or were they all channels?

14. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    A few of them was Randy

15. bobcatcher

bobcatcher New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Justin,

I plan to fish a lot more on Brookville this year, however I don't know to much about the best locations. I live in Batesville and mostly fish Bishoff here in town. I usually launch at Garr Hill; should I launch at a better location or is there good cat fishing around that area?

16. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Yea thats a good area to fish as the water comes up you can lunch a boat.. If you dont got a boat try fishing the north end of the lake around Qakertown There a lot of Good Catfish around the north end for Good eaters and abig one every now and then just use shad and you will catch them some say liver work i persoanl naver caught many on it ... Wll good luck got and more ??? just post and one of us will help you out

17. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Randy we caught 3 blues all the rest where channels the 10# we caught and 2 more where blues. Any one who wants to go fishing at brookville just let me know and we will do it. The fishing is only going to get better as the water warms and the bigger fish will begin to move in to the shallows in droves. Fish the bait on the gravel and sand points and you will catch them. I am getting ready to go to Kentucky lake for a week saturday. We can go any time after that.

18. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Well Just got in Me and a friend of mine Don Went out around 8 tonight and fished till 11;30 and caught are limit.. Shad was easy to catch water temp in the covers was 48 and 46 on the mail lake most of the fish were caught in 2foot or less of water moved out to 5 to 6 feet of water and was catching a lil bigger fish biggest 1 tonight was around 7lbs the rest are 2 to 4 lbs well it was a good night again hope to see some of you out fishing here soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It appears that my next trip to brookville i take to burn the crappie up i will also have to incllude a few of the cat rods for when the sun goes down.

20. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Went out to brookville today and had a hard time catching bait do to the weather changing every 10 min i love Indiana well no fish caugt not even a bit fish in qakertown and even fished down by the mounds well maybe tomorrow for the crappie i caught alot of them in the throw net 15 or 20 nices ones

well good luck guys maybe see you out there