Brookville Lake in June

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by salexander, Jun 17, 2009.

1. salexander

salexander New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hello. I am new to the site, but have enjoyed reading the threads. I am going to Brookville this weekend and am curious as to how the cats have been acting this month. Any hot spots would be appreciated! Are the cats still in the North end or are they getting active mid-range yet? Thanks again!

Shawn

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    welcome to the board! theres a few brookville experts on here, hopefully one of them will see this and get you set straight! good luck!

3. salexander

salexander New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I appreciate your reply and I to hope for some responses! Help guys I am heading down tomorrow afternoon!!! :embarassed:

4. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    I would start at the fairfield flats wich are just south of the marina (kents harbor/ainslys cafe) You will fins some bouys that mark a hump where an old house foundation is. Cast out around that hump and you should have some luck. If not move in to a little more shallow water say maybe 4-8ft and give that a shot.
    If you have no luck there try at hte egypt hollow flats wich are just north of egypt hollow ramp right around a bend on the west side of the lake. If you have sonar find the river channel and fish right on the edge of it. Give each spot about a half hour, if no luck move on, dont wast your time. Use shad if you got a cast net to catch them.
    hope thisa helps

5. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome the BOC Shawn!

6. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    welcome to the BOC shawn good luck with your season

7. salexander

salexander New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I appreciate everyones welcome and advice. Ended up taking dad with me for Fathers Day and spent the night. Fished the flats just south of the Egypt Hollow ramp about 300 yards. Used cut river chubs and caught half a dozen and missed at least that many. Seemed to pick up from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Dad hooked a big one that ended up making a run at the last minute under the pontoon and cut the line.

Again thanks to everyone and I look forward to learning more from you all in the future.

Good fishing!

Shawn