Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if Brookvilles cats and walleyes have started getting good? I went a couple of time last year without any success and thought I should keep giving it a try....because apparently I like being skunked.:crying:

Bill

·
Registered
232 Posts
i have been fishing brookville the last few week ends an have been doin pretty good catfishin catching them on shad drifting and trolling ...... i have been fishin the northend of the lake i dont waleye fish so i dont know about them

·
Registered
866 Posts
I would give you some advice but dont have a boat going right now and have only been on the lake twice this year havent done good either time. So I will refrain from giving you advice. As far as the shad go Im quite certain you can find them if u keep your eye out for the balls on the depth finder. mainly in gar hill and wolf creek. Look around points in up to 20' of water and on the flats from 1-12'. Hope this helps on the shad. Sorry I cant help you on the catfishing at this point. Good luck.

·
Registered
232 Posts
shane hit it on the nose on bait he could give adivece where to catch them i naver seen him get skunked on the lake snow rain (ice :winky: this past winter ) hey shane have your reels de iced yet lol well good luck on your next trip

·
Registered
866 Posts
Suprisingly the fish where not where I expected. We spent the first several hours on anchor doing very little good. Started trolling and finally hit fish. Wound up catching a total of 17 in 18-25' of water. The shad where absolultely everywhere. Didnt expect to have to work that hard to catch fish but we did. Still fun just didnt get to anchor kick back and relax like I had planned. These fish seem to be off of schedule.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By trolling do you mean troll-drifting? IS the lake stained real bad from all the rains? I plan on getting down there sometime in the next week or so but it has to be on a rain day where I cant work outside.

Bill

·
Registered
866 Posts
Maybe slightly stained def. not muddy. Know im not really just drifting I am trolling breaks. Staying right on the break. Which ever direction it turns. trying to cover the top, middle, and bottom of the break at the same time. If you got off of the break you where out of the fish. Fishing should not be this tough still. Shouldnt have to work this hard it is more like a summer pattern. These fish would only hit right at .8 If you went faster they wouldnt hit, if you went slower they wouldnt hit. Also we only went into the wind. So it might have done even better had we gone with the wind dont know that for sure though. Sometimes that makes a difference. Just have to put a pattern to them every day. I know we have been trying to get together to fish for a while let me know if you want someone to go with you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.