Brookville fishing spots

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Tight Line, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Tight Line

Tight Line New Member

State:
    IL
    Hi folks,

I put a question out about fishing spots a while back and could not remember where i posted the question in the Indiana forums. The wife and I are planning to visit the kid at Miami University , and I will be pulling the boat down to fish Brookville lake. I know that the lake is quite large and I dont want to spend all my time searching for a decent spot. Can someone give a few general spots I can fish? Thanks.

Tight Line

2. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Havent been over in a couple of weeks but fish should be begining to spawn. So I would concentrate on the back of gar hill, mounds or wolf creek. If you just want to catch non mature fish(EATERS), i would concentrate on the flats at gar hill on the main lake or on the brick yard across from bonwell boat ramp. I would be looking for from 6-10' on the flats.

3. Tight Line

Tight Line New Member

State:
    IL
    Thanks for the info.
    The kid tells me some of his friends parents who fish the lake say that the crappie and walleye are hitting pretty good in the coves. I guess ill try and explore abit. I dont want to go too shallow , im pushing a 17' ranger with a 140 on the rear (props are getting expensive to r&r).