Brookfield Missouri catfishing..help on locations to fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by ultramindbrk, Aug 26, 2008.

1. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am going to visit my brother in Brookfield Missouri in a few weeks..Anyone know of any good catfish spots up there? Any direction would be muchly appreciated!! thanks!

Tim

2. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Tim. I fish the Grand south of Brookfield at Brunswick. Are you going to be boating it or fishing from the bank? The water at Brunswick is dead water so to catch cats you need to go either up the Grand about a mile or down the river to the Missouri. If I can help any more just give me a holler. Hope this helps...

3. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We are going to be bank fishing..No boat as of yet! We are also gonna be camping so I am thinking about Long Branch State Park..And thanks so much for the quick reply!! I appreciate it..

Tim

4. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't know much about Long Branch but I hear there are some good Flatheads there. I know with Labor Day weekend in site there will be a lot of Recreational boaters there. There are a few Conservation lakes with a few miles of there. You might check out there web site.
    http://www.mdc.mo.gov/
    Good Luck

5. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    we went up to long branch about a month ago and did some bank fishing. didnt have much luck by the camp grounds. but your best bet for fishing without a boat there is to go to the spillway on the south end of the lake. caught quite a few 3-6 pound flattys and a bunch of decent size channels there. plus you can catch shad and bait down there very easy. one of the best places around north central mo for bank fishing as far as im concerned.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Not familiar with that area. Welcome to the BOC.