Brookeville lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishking35, Aug 5, 2008.

1. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    anyone ever do any good there

2. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The lake is loaded with channels. Larger channels, flats, and blues are there but harder to catch.
    Steve

3. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks steve

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've never fished there, but I'm interested in trying it with out fishing off the banks on some Sat before Labor Day. Write me if you'r interested in going.

5. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Brookeville lake is in my backyard so I like to think I know it pretty well when it comes to cat. If your going for channels you might want to try the flats just north of ejeypt hollow ramp on the west side of the lake or maybe the fairfield flats south of kents harbor just north of the causeway on the east side of the lake.
    If your wanting to catch the flathead you might want to concentrate on the north end of the lake up around quakertown. There is a lot of structure and jams to fish that you might find a flat or two.
    For blues at this tile of year you need to be in the south end of the lake in deeper water. Look for steep drops into the river channel and rockey humps in 50ft. of water or better. As far as bait goes you cant beat gizzard shad, the lake is loaded with them and not hard to find this time of year in some of the backwaters and coves. hope this helps you.
    good luck

6. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Drift with shad on the flats! Channels are plentiful in there.

7. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks guys