Broken rod seat on reel

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by mfeagin22, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:12 AM.

1. mfeagin22

mfeagin22 Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    CBC2CC84-189F-4F3C-9B56-A93825308C16.png Yeah Has anyone ever broken the rod seat on a reel before? I’m trying to figure out the best course of action to repair this reel. It’s a Revo MGX so it’s definitely not a reel that needs to just get chocked up as a loss.... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

2. twaskom

twaskom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    The only true fix that puts it back in the original condition id to order the original garage frame from the manufacturer. Maybe find a reel for parts on eBay but that would be slim pickins. Not a cheap fix by any means.

But I would not trust any other welding or repair.

Just curious, what make of truck ran over the reel?

Fate likes this.

3. mfeagin22

mfeagin22 Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I got on a couple parts stores online but I can’t find a schematic for the MGX-L. There’s every other Revo reel you can think of on Abu Garcia’s website but the only MGX reel schematics I can find are spinning reels. Unfortunately I don’t have the box and paperwork for the reel because I bought it used from my brother and he never keeps anything

And that’s pretty close actually lol I set the reel on my rear bumper (Silverado 2500) and pulled out of my driveway.. completely forgot about the reel til I was halfway down my road. Took a while to find it on the side of the road. Somehow only the rod seat broke tho. The rest of the reel looks and operates fine.

4. abudoc

abudoc Active Member

State:
    Columbia, TN
    I've got to agree the only fits is another frame.
    Get the model # and call Abu they should be able to help.
    (800) 228-4272
    Is there a ID or name on the reel like REVO MGX 21

5. mfeagin22

mfeagin22 Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I got it all handled.. Thanks guys! $43.50 for a new reel body. I was complaining about it to my cousin today and he offered me $100 for the reel just like it is so I sent it down the road.

Fate likes this.