Broken reel... HELP PLZ

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by chrisgerow12, Jul 16, 2009.

1. chrisgerow12

chrisgerow12 New Member

State:
    Michigan
    My reel all of a sudden keeps letting line out if theres no tention on it. How can I fix it

2. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    what kind of reel do you have chris? If its a bait caster you probably over titened the drag and smashed the washers.

3. chrisgerow12

chrisgerow12 New Member

State:
    Michigan
    What can I do if Ive smashed the washers

4. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Ether replace them or take too pares of plyers and hold on to each side and slightly bend them.eather up or down but in the same direction.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    what reel is it and what kind of line is on it. info son info! thats like saying hey my car stoped running whats wrong? :confused2:??? was there a noise to go with the problem? the chance that the reel is not going from freespool to enguage is better than smashed washers.

6. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Let me know what kind of reel it is, I've fixed quite a few before, probably something sticking if its a spincast, could be a gear problem if its spinning

not much help on bass bait casters, but the big baitcasters are easy

7. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    i run into this problem with closed reel fishing poles. upon inspection, i found the the line will go slack in the reel itsself and the hook knob inside just isnt grabbin the line.try using different line if that's the case. you say it lets line out when no tension? sounds like that. anyway, there's my two cents, hope it helps with your problem.